Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 08:13 AM

861 posts, read 852,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayleneO View Post
I'm in a crappy mood and trying to avoid work today.
ok
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 11:40 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,538,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montygirl View Post
As for travel from NYC to the carribean vs London why is that relevant. More UK people travel in general round the world and work in other countries. Dominican republic a top .

You got to be kidding when you claim that US people travel less than UK folks. US travel to the Caribbean way exceeds that of the UK. Caribbean people living in the USA travel way more to the Caribbean than do those living in the UK, and as a result retain far closer ties to their homelands, and retain more of the culture. Like I said want to see vibrant expat Caribbean culture, try NYC, or Miami, NOT London!

DR. We have all been there loads of times.......what really is your issue? That is a 3 1/2 hour flight and a long week end trip. And we even hang out with Dominicans in NY too!

OK so resume your belief that poverty is a good thing. Funny thing though, I don't see Caribbean people in NYC crying because they don't have many white friends, as if the sun rises and sets around white people. Folks make friends with who they wish. All summer long people have been having fun engaging in various Caribbean events, that they will think that your assertion that they are racists to be very strange.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:42 PM

Quote:
, you sound very jealous of British Blacks,
You really are talking a lot of tosh.

Help me out where. What do British blacks have that we NY based Caribbean blacks don't? I actually feel sorry for them. Lived there for a quick second and I am glad that I left.

Not even sure that the benefits that the UK DOES have, will still be left by the time Cameron is finished hacking it away.

Last edited by caribny; 10-05-2015 at 11:59 PM..

Old 10-05-2015, 11:57 PM

Quote:
NOBODY is "still trying to figure out a British accent" as you claim!!! .

Oooh too polite to tell you what they think. Try living there and you might find out. Lots of people have.

Folks down there are still not accustomed to strong British accents, and strong British mannerisms, and the absence of a Caribbean sensibility from a black face. Sorry.

Too much exposure to US media maybe, plus the fact that North American based Caribbean people, are, face it, just more "Caribbean".

Old 10-06-2015, 04:23 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,024,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nograviti View Post
Now now people...

I can't believe you folks are still bickering.. Easthome you are ok on this issue in my book. Kay, I dont really know you, but you seem level headed too. So lets drop this American type thread, sip our tea and move on from all this unpleasant talk..
You're right, you are far too level headed for this site! I guess I just feel a bit over protective about my family sometimes and don't like to think that people are 'attacking us' as a family in any way. My Mrs is actually unwell, she has Muscular Dystrophy and perhaps it makes me too 'touchy' about things, truth is I'm a lucky man to have such a family, I have really good kids (that as is now perhaps obvious although not biologically mine) look upon me as their father (I've brought them both up from a very young age) I do wish though that they would be a bit more help to their mother, but hey they're teenagers so have their own lives on their young minds.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:29 AM

861 posts, read 852,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
You're right, you are far too level headed for this site! I guess I just feel a bit over protective about my family sometimes and don't like to think that people are 'attacking us' as a family in any way. My Mrs is actually unwell, she has Muscular Dystrophy and perhaps it makes me too 'touchy' about things, truth is I'm a lucky man to have such a family, I have really good kids (that as is now perhaps obvious although not biologically mine) look upon me as their father (I've brought them both up from a very young age) I do wish though that they would be a bit more help to their mother, but hey they're teenagers so have their own lives on their young minds.
It easy to get too personal on this site. You sound like a top bloke to me and the love you have for your kids is clear in your posts.

Don't let the subject matter rile you up..

Old 10-06-2015, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nograviti View Post
It easy to get too personal on this site. You sound like a top bloke to me and the love you have for your kids is clear in your posts.

Don't let the subject matter rile you up..
Thanks Nograviti, your right of course so I'm off to the NFL discussion to talk sport instead!!

Old 10-06-2015, 11:04 AM

6,843 posts, read 10,964,875 times
Race relations and ethnic diversity integration are much ahead of the United States here in London. So for me, personally speaking only for myself, this is the best city I've ever lived in for race relations and ethnic integration.

Old 10-06-2015, 05:29 PM

914 posts, read 973,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red John View Post
Race relations and ethnic diversity integration are much ahead of the United States here in London. So for me, personally speaking only for myself, this is the best city I've ever lived in for race relations and ethnic integration.
Thanks Red John, I think you would also agree Brits travel a lot compared to the US in general, if we are not just talking about the Carribean as Cariby is. Easthome you are a truly fantastic person and don't apologise for being sensitive. I think you have been extremely polite. As before Red John glad you are enjoying the merits of the UK, as I am enjoying many things the US has to offer.

Saw UB40 last night here in Utah and was fantastic. One of the many things that is good about Salt lake. The music and arts scene and far easier to get tickets and cheaper. Was wonderful to see such a mixed crowd of people at the venue all jammin away enjoying some great music at a wonderful music venue, which is different from the normal suburbs of SLC! For one minute I could have sworn I was back in London :-)

Old 10-07-2015, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montygirl View Post
Thanks Red John, I think you would also agree Brits travel a lot compared to the US in general, if we are not just talking about the Carribean as Cariby is. Easthome you are a truly fantastic person and don't apologise for being sensitive. I think you have been extremely polite. As before Red John glad you are enjoying the merits of the UK, as I am enjoying many things the US has to offer.

Saw UB40 last night here in Utah and was fantastic. One of the many things that is good about Salt lake. The music and arts scene and far easier to get tickets and cheaper. Was wonderful to see such a mixed crowd of people at the venue all jammin away enjoying some great music at a wonderful music venue, which is different from the normal suburbs of SLC! For one minute I could have sworn I was back in London :-)
Hey I am going to see them in December at the Brixton Academy! To be honest with you my friend is a bigger fan than me and so gets tickets every time they roll around! Supporting them here will be Steel Pulse, one of my favourite reggae bands (secretly I'm looking forward to seeing them even more than UB40)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London