Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 10:16 AM

70 posts, read 67,232 times

Advertisements

I like Aberdeen Angus Steak houses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 10:33 AM

531 posts, read 594,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFCWHYTHENSHAW View Post
I like Aberdeen Angus Steak houses
They're not great, but they're not that terrible either.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:54 AM

26 posts, read 38,394 times
London would be a declining city is doors were closed to immigrants though. Native Britons were fleeing the place even in the 1990s, and if it weren't for the immigration, London's population and economic footprint would be smaller than what it even was in the 90s. London was a very stagnant city up until a decade or so ago when people from other countries started pouring money in, investing and revitalizing the economy. Politicians jump to accommodate these people because we need the economic activity and and relevance of London to keep the United Kingdom competitive.

Old 06-04-2015, 12:03 PM

70 posts, read 67,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Roman Emperor View Post
London would be a declining city is doors were closed to immigrants though. Native Britons were fleeing the place even in the 1990s, and if it weren't for the immigration, London's population and economic footprint would be smaller than what it even was in the 90s. London was a very stagnant city up until a decade or so ago when people from other countries started pouring money in, investing and revitalizing the economy. Politicians jump to accommodate these people because we need the economic activity and and relevance of London to keep the United Kingdom competitive.
We might need Russian or Arab billionaires but we didn't need half of Bangladesh and thousands of fresh from war Somalians to ghettoise large swathes of the capital.

700,000 English born white people have left the city in the last 12 years. That's more than the entire population of Glasgow and that's not normal.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:42 AM
SE9

219 posts, read 348,269 times
London today is much better than it was in the mid-1990s.

Old 06-05-2015, 04:38 AM

504 posts, read 465,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George & Bill View Post
In your first post, you give the impression that you were constantly seeing burka-clad women trailing behind western-dressed men; in your second, you seem to let slip that this was in fact based on one specific occasion (where, from the way you describe it, it's not really clear what, if any, was the relationship between the men and the women, or why they were walking where they were).

Frankly, we don't need American anglophiles of your particular brand. A London with fewer of you will mean less imported bigotry, and maybe even fewer of those dreadful Aberdeen Angus Steak House places you seem hell-bent on keeping in business.
Speak for yourself. And Bill.

Speaking as a London resident of 37 years, I am very disturbed at the way the city has changed. It's not so much a British city, as an international city that happens to be in Britain. The huge Muslim influx has changed it dramatically, and there are more and more women in bhurkas - not so much in town, but travel out east and they are everywhere. And as someone who lived in the middle of Tower Hamlets for 8 years, please don't try and tell me about that particular community.

Give me anglophile Americans who actually appreciate our culture any day over religious fanatics who positively hate it and do everything they can do separate themselves and display their difference. They live here to avail themselves of economic advancement and take advantage of our liberal society whilst simultaneously loathing it. Something the soppy liberal left never, ever understands. This time next year London may well have a Muslim mayor.

We are about to move house, and intend to live there for the next 10 years. That is as long as I am prepared to give the city. By that time it will be like one large Bradford, and we'll be retiring to somewhere that still resembles the country I love.

Old 06-05-2015, 04:39 AM

504 posts, read 465,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE9 View Post
London today is much better than it was in the mid-1990s.
How, precisely?

Old 06-06-2015, 11:21 AM

164 posts, read 160,039 times
The coughing, rhinitis and eye irritation (any kind of conjunctival irritation feels like you have something stuck in the eyes) sounds more like an allergy to something innocuous rather than the effects of pollution (wheezing, chest tightness) unless these are symptoms you are known to have when in polluted spaces.

Old 06-07-2015, 12:18 AM

13 posts, read 16,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640TAG View Post
Speak for yourself. And Bill.

Speaking as a London resident of 37 years, I am very disturbed at the way the city has changed. It's not so much a British city, as an international city that happens to be in Britain. The huge Muslim influx has changed it dramatically, and there are more and more women in bhurkas - not so much in town, but travel out east and they are everywhere. And as someone who lived in the middle of Tower Hamlets for 8 years, please don't try and tell me about that particular community.

Give me anglophile Americans who actually appreciate our culture any day over religious fanatics who positively hate it and do everything they can do separate themselves and display their difference. They live here to avail themselves of economic advancement and take advantage of our liberal society whilst simultaneously loathing it. Something the soppy liberal left never, ever understands. This time next year London may well have a Muslim mayor.

We are about to move house, and intend to live there for the next 10 years. That is as long as I am prepared to give the city. By that time it will be like one large Bradford, and we'll be retiring to somewhere that still resembles the country I love.

Please do not come to Wales. We have enough English over here looking for their ''lost white homeland''.

Old 06-07-2015, 01:02 AM

16,656 posts, read 17,422,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozma4882 View Post
Please do not come to Wales. We have enough English over here looking for their ''lost white homeland''.
Fine by me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London