Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 09:26 AM

72 posts, read 70,273 times

Advertisements

Heard an eyewitness account of what he saw and heard. Apparently everyone kept their head down and avoided eye contact.

Compared to a year ago when 3 US citizens travelling in France, jumped on and subdued another crazed knife attacker. That stiff upper lip needs to be a bit braver.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/news/london/sou...l-station/Fore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2016, 04:15 PM

914 posts, read 972,804 times
Was a similar incident at Leytonstone last year when people wrestled the man for the knife and he ended up being detained by police via a taser. Different people different reactions nothing to do with stuff upper lip!

Old 12-13-2016, 10:15 AM

Fair point, maybe an exception and it was another Muslim in Leytonstone who took him down if I recall.

Old 12-13-2016, 02:41 PM

914 posts, read 972,804 times
Many people intervened to stop the incident there and got wounded in the process. Either way very brave of them all but hard to know how you would react when faced with this. In my old home town this week there was an armed robbery, shopkeeper threw red paint on them even though had a gun and went in their eyes. They ran, got nothing and now been arrested. Admire peoples inner strength but not all react the same for many reasons. What people are is irrelevant tbh. Any colour or religion or none, they are brave in my eyes :-)

Old 12-16-2016, 04:20 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,012,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North London Susie View Post
Heard an eyewitness account of what he saw and heard. Apparently everyone kept their head down and avoided eye contact.

Compared to a year ago when 3 US citizens travelling in France, jumped on and subdued another crazed knife attacker. That stiff upper lip needs to be a bit braver.

I'm sure you would have leapt into action eh Susie? Perhaps a few 'Matrix' style moves like you see on the TV would have done the trick, after all that's the reality of these kinds of situations isn't it? After all surely all Britons are like James Bond aren't we? If John Mclane can take down a whole army of bad guys just wearing his vest then surely tackling a knife wielding maniac is simple no? By the way I think that one of the 'civilians' in France you mention was British?

Old 12-16-2016, 04:54 AM

27,123 posts, read 13,424,152 times
Quote:
Fair point, maybe an exception and it was another Muslim in Leytonstone who took him down if I recall.
A Polish man Daniel Bielinski and a Russian Security Guard did try to intervene but it was the police with Tasers who saved the day at Leytonstone. It should be noted that going up against some crazed man with a big knife is a last result, and you are likely to come off second best. One Muslim man did shout 'you ain't no Muslim Bruv' but he didn't take him down.

Leytonstone Tube knife attacker guilty of murder bid - BBC News

Muhiddin Mire received a life sentense for the Leytonstone attack, and is currently being held at Broadmoor High Security Hospital.

Leytonstone Tube attacker Muhiddin Mire jailed for life - BBC News

Last edited by Brave New World; 12-16-2016 at 05:04 AM..

Old 12-18-2016, 03:09 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,517,024 times
Quote:

The link didn't load up so Meaning what exactly?

If it's between a group of drunks or gangs then f em. If it's a lady being attacked or worse then naturally someone would do something.

Perhaps you can show us how it's done then?

Old 12-18-2016, 03:15 AM

27,123 posts, read 13,424,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post

If it's between a group of drunks or gangs then f em. If it's a lady being attacked or worse then naturally someone would do something.

Exactly

Old 12-20-2016, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I'm sure you would have leapt into action eh Susie? Perhaps a few 'Matrix' style moves like you see on the TV would have done the trick, after all that's the reality of these kinds of situations isn't it? After all surely all Britons are like James Bond aren't we? If John Mclane can take down a whole army of bad guys just wearing his vest then surely tackling a knife wielding maniac is simple no? By the way I think that one of the 'civilians' in France you mention was British?
I NEVER travel by train and hate public transport in London. Chances of me being caught up in something like that is zero. I do however ALWAYS have mace (pepper spray) which is illegal in UK, on me so if I was confronted with that sort of incident I would do what I have to. Did the British passenger do much in France attack and would he have done anything if the others had not piled on?

Old 12-20-2016, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post

Ooooh we have a white knight ready to defend the ladies Would you jump in if it was a terrorist attack? In any case, this wasn't a terrorist or Islamophobic person, just a sad mentally ill person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London