Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 12:00 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Alaska View Post
He ... Jan is a SHE thank You

Its more a comment on the general attitude of the cabin crew, brusque doesn't quite cover it, they were awful.

Still cheap and cheerful even with seats, baggage and food thrown in, we paid $560 each ORD - LGW. Plane was new seats were as expected, baggage took an hour and a half to reappear at our destination and the food should have been thrown, it too was awful. The lack of free water on board an international flight is troubling as was the cup of after dinner coffee served in a 2inch high 'dish', on the outward journey they didn't have any milk nor creamer so all drinks were served black.

Yes I have flown before, many many times even on low cost airlines (Ryan Air, Easy Jet and even Spirit)

Yes I have put a complaint in to Norwegian (not that it is acknowledged)

And finally NO I wouldn't fly Norwegian again.
Sounds to me like you want to pay a bus fare across the Atlantic but expect Blue Riband service.
Your baggage problem might well have been caused by factors outside the control of Norwegian.
And as for your complaints about the food and brusque attitude of the FAs - have you ever flown American Airlines ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2018, 12:07 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,719,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Sounds to me like you want to pay a bus fare across the Atlantic but expect Blue Riband service.
Your baggage problem might well have been caused by factors outside the control of Norwegian.
And as for your complaints about the food and brusque attitude of the FAs - have you ever flown American Airlines ?
Lol, I've flown Norwegian and though the food is sub-par, the service and planes are waaay better than United for example. Also many Norwegian air legs are during the night, I don't even need a meal for 8 hours, it's my sleeping time. Just take a few snacks with you and eat something in the airport before you get on.

Old 05-12-2018, 08:32 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,984,285 times
Well see how my flight on norwegian goes in 3 weeks. I actually sent a bid in to upgrade to first class. Dont know if it will be accepted, but lets hope.

Old 05-12-2018, 08:38 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
Looking for a return or one way?

There's a direct Chicago-London-Chicago flight for $438 leaving on Monday 10 September returning Monday 24 September, 2 weeks exact.

If you don't mind a short stopover in Iceland on the way there, you can get a rtn ticket for $347. The return leg is direct on Norwegian Air.

As for single trajectory Chicago-London, you're looking at $179-$189 dollars on Norwegian Air on various dates in September. $150 with a stopover in Iceland on Wow Air, if I were you I would add 2 days in Iceland, why not?
Icelandic Air used to offer flights were the stopover was long enough to take a bus to the Blue Lagoon hot springs. The one time I did it, it was interesting, fun and refreshing.

Old 05-16-2018, 12:42 PM

74 posts, read 73,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 1 Outlaw View Post
How do you find cheap flights, I know booking in advance is key. That’s ok, my only issue prefer non stop no lay overs can be from any the airports in Chicago/Houston to any in London. The price is key I’m looking to arrive in London mid September but I need the best cost. I see on google some from Chicago are $400 usd currency. Price is key have a place to stay once I’m there looking for a cheap flight on a good price any good advice? Thanks
Have you tried Norwegian Air? I know they started Chicago - Gatwick flights. My parents fly them London to Boston all the time and they are very reasonable.

Edit: Obviously should have read the whole thread before posting! Anyway - yeah, US carriers are awful, so Norwegian will likely seem delightful in comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London