Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2019, 05:11 AM

9 posts, read 9,079 times

Advertisements

Hi,

This is probably more a thread for the ladies haha.. but I'm wondering what your experiences are about dating in London (also the men are invited to answer ofc!).

Soooo I currently live in Spain and have been living and working here for the past few years. I absolutely love it here (Weather, food, outdoor activities etc etc) BUT I'd say dating here is pretty damn terrible, at least in my opinion. It's very rare here (at least for me) that I meet someone here who is interesting, attractive, taller than me (I'm 5'7/170cm) and not a f*ckboy (the few guys here that are attractive and interesting know how popular they are so basically they're either f*ckboys, commitment-phobes or both).

Anyways, my work has been sending me on a lot of business trips to London lately, and I might relocate there this spring. At first I wasn't too thrilled since London is expensive and the weather sucks in comparison to Spain but I do feel like there is one huge upside to it: THE MEN. To me it seems like London is FULL of attractive, interesting men who are actually looking for something serious and not just a quick shag. I've only been on one date so far but I've been tindering/bumbling a bit and have already seen and talked to ten times more eligible men than I have in one year in Spain. On top of that, I have seen more attractive men in the streets and at bars, and I have several friends here who are all in relationships with guys they've met here in London. Here in Spain, most of my friends are single and most people are still just into being friends with benefits or hookups even in their thirties.

What's your take on this? Have you made the same experience in London?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2019, 04:37 PM

14,808 posts, read 11,891,268 times
Your post comes across as a little 'patronising' towards men perhaps that is why you haven't 'found' an'intersting and attractive' one? If you think London is expensive and the weather 'sucks' perhaps you should just stay in Spain.

Old 02-25-2019, 02:42 AM

5,901 posts, read 5,816,277 times
Believe me, women speak in a similar vein in London, possibly over a certain age, when 'having fun' with as many different suitors as possible, starts to become 'old hat'.

London is something of 'a dream' for those interested in 'dating' (I think is the American term) a person from practically every place on the planet. Somewhat wild for someone in their twenties , bur for serious stuff, well it does exist, but loads of competition, definitely not the best city for a relationship IMO, but indeed interesting people, many of a worldly nature, able to converse, loads of places to go in the art and cultural world that will ignite interesting topics to converse. To get serious, wanting to have kids, probably not the most ideal of a place.
But fun yes, far more worldly than Spain, and that cold or inclement weather doesn't necessary make folk retie early with a cup of cocoa.
Loads of guys in London , are Gay as well of course. But fit and interesting folk not too hard to find.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:11 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,661,115 times
My husband’s niece didn’t find anybody in London, she’s now married to an American and lives in USA. While my daughter’s ex roommate moved here for a Master degree and found work here after graduation, she now has a boy friend for 2 years. So I say it depends.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:42 PM

5,901 posts, read 5,816,277 times
While London can be great, given the right circumstances, it is not good for maintain relationships, in my experience, along with many others I knew. It is a smorgasbord of opportunity to 'know the world', but too hard for many to resist tempation for many.
Best go there have fun, but when in a serious mode, high head out of town to somewhere with less 'attractions'.

Old 03-30-2019, 03:32 PM

459 posts, read 693,310 times
as a young man, London was a bit of a hook up culture. I've since moved on and married. I don't know what it's like now.

Old 03-31-2019, 01:37 AM

854 posts, read 516,159 times
It's a huge city containing people from all over the world. Very difficult to generalise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London