U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 11:48 AM

3,686 posts, read 4,336,306 times
I'm not enforcing the laws. I am simply obeying them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 11:53 AM

371 posts, read 486,942 times
I'm what some might call a "normal" motorcycle rider and everything I read here increases the pucker factor 10 fold on a bike...It's getting worse and worse...Next SOB that cuts me off is gonna get my boot in the side of their car...

Old 06-22-2010, 11:56 AM

3,686 posts, read 4,336,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRed View Post
I'm what some might call a "normal" motorcycle rider and everything I read here increases the pucker factor 10 fold on a bike...It's getting worse and worse...Next SOB that cuts me off is gonna get my boot in the side of their car...
Which makes no sense because it might cause you to lose control and become a bright red stain on the pavement.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:56 AM

3,939 posts, read 4,199,964 times
Quote:
Me too, man.

I get a bad rap because I ride a sports bike and apparently all sports bike riders do wheelies in traffic and go 120 in school zones.

nevermind the car drivers on LI

Old 06-22-2010, 11:57 AM

1,061 posts, read 1,088,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
Absolutely. Driving "slower" in the left lane is probably more dangerous for everyone involved.
+1

When I lived in FL I remember seeing this on the news. Here's the short version:

Back in 07, someone and their buddy felt it was their civic duty to enforce the speed limit on I-4 in Orlando. Buddy #1 saw an erratic driver, so he calls buddy #2 who was a few miles ahead of him to alert him of the erratic driver. Buddy #2 drove at the speed limit, pulling out in front of said erratic driver each time he tried to go around so he couldn't pass.

Turns out this hotshot in a black Porsche Cayenne had a major case of the fits aka "Road Rage" because of this and pulls a gun on the vigilante Buddy #2, fires 5 shots and a bullet hits Buddy #2's neck.

Since there were only a handfull of registered black Cayenne's in the Orlando area, the perp was quickly found and detained. I know this is a rare incident but still... World is full of crazy people Gpsma. Be careful!

I tried to find the article with all the details, but could only find this
Gunman Sought In I-4 Road Rage Shooting - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando (http://www.wesh.com/news/13604489/detail.html - broken link)

Old 06-22-2010, 12:01 PM

13,763 posts, read 15,785,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
Forgot about the drivers who think stop signs really say "Slow to 10mph then gun it"

It's called a STOPtional sign.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
It's called a STOPtional sign.
oh that seriously that just made my day

Old 06-22-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Which makes no sense because it might cause you to lose control and become a bright red stain on the pavement.
Not really...The most cut off's happen at slower speeds...I did not state that in my reply...The higher speed cut offs I usually pull next to them and point to my eyes and mouth LOOK!!! 99% look sheepish and guilty...I then pull away...

Old 06-22-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Not really...The most cut off's happen at slower speeds...I did not state that in my reply...The higher speed cut offs I usually pull next to them and point to my eyes and mouth LOOK!!! 99% look sheepish and guilty...I then pull away...
But that requires them to pay attention to anything outside of their mobile entertainment center.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
Me too, man.

I get a bad rap because I ride a sports bike and apparently all sports bike riders do wheelies in traffic and go 120 in school zones.

nevermind the car drivers on LI
I know a few crotch rocket drivers...Sorry no offence meant it's just what I call that style bike...They ride normal...The others are ***holes...I pulled up to one that dumped his bike doing stunts and asked if he was OK...After I got a "yeah man" I laughed at him and called him a stupid bastard and rode on...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island