Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2010, 04:41 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,973,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
That's a LONG Street. Cedarhurst Avenue and what?

And BTW, some of the homes on and around it are definitely crappy little dumps or ramshackle larger places chopped up into day laborer apartments.

Again the Village of Valley Stream would close the place you are living in right down.
I'm not giving you specifics, why would I do that?

And again, there is nothing wrong anymore so I'm not sure what they would close up?? It's a legal 2-family home and there are 2 apartments??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 04:47 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Default Cedarhurst Renter vs. Valley Stream Homeowner!

Multi-Family Dwelling Renter's Yard in Cedarhurst:

Homeowner's Yard in Valley Stream:

Old 08-02-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
I'm not giving you specifics, why would I do that?

And again, there is nothing wrong anymore so I'm not sure what they would close up?? It's a legal 2-family home and there are 2 apartments??
To prove me wrong.

The Village would think of something if they saw that yard and got a load of who is in the other apartment and how many of them there are. Trust me.

They'd never put up with 10 people in an apartment in a 2-family house. We even have 2 HOTLINE phone numbers for reporting kids who are in our schools who don't live here.

That's why WE don't have an illegal alien day laborer population living here.

So those types go to the crappy areas of Cedarhurst, Inwood or one of the crappy parts of Lawrence or hop right over the Queens border to the eastern border of Far Rockaway if they want to live in this general area. Slumlords who cater to them also avoid the Village of Valley Stream because they know they can't get away with their nonsense here.

Enjoy your neighbors!

Old 08-02-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
hahaha so you're one of them? If I don't own, I'm worthless? Cute.
Actually I am one of the ones on the C-D LI forum who doesn't usually make fun of renters!

Old 08-02-2010, 05:00 PM

156 posts, read 449,119 times
Quote:
Those pictures are from MLSLI -- OF COURSE they're going to show nice pictures. No one wants to buy a house that looks like it's taken a huge beating..
Actually, the tudor and the CH colonials are in the area of Parkwold and all of the houses in that area are this well kept.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne teacher View Post
Actually, the tudor and the CH colonials are in the area of Parkwold and all of the houses in that area are this well kept.
Parkwold is one of my favorite Valley Stream neighborhoods.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:44 AM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times
I was driving through Brentwood yesterday, and right smack in the middle of an unkept shabby looking block was a magnificant home, almost a mansion with beautifully landscaped property and an inground swimming pool.
I almost ran off the road, I couldn't believe it. strangest thing I've seen in a long time. This block was rough, real rough, and there stood this place right off the cover of Better Homes And Gardens...

Old 08-03-2010, 07:53 AM

4,698 posts, read 8,760,956 times
IIRC, there are some hidden pockets of nice homes in Brentwood near the Country Club/St. Joseph's.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:19 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,769,816 times
Quote:
Cedarhurst, which is normally a nice neighborhood until new tenants moved in. The situation has since been rectified and everything is now normal. I'm not sure what the point of the linked post was, but it was in bad taste.

I agree, Cedarhurst is a nice area but those pics were not so nice.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:29 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
Those pictures are from MLSLI -- OF COURSE they're going to show nice pictures. No one wants to buy a house that looks like it's taken a huge beating..

Or has couches and junk/unregistered cars in the yard, or is adjacent to an overcrowded two family dwelling....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island