Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 07:21 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,470,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Given the litigious nature of people, if something were to happen which could be attributed to non-authorized signage in a given jurisdiction, people are going to sue.

It's not "unauthorized signage". It's not something that is bolted to the LIE overpass. It's not something that is posted in the ground. It is a moveable sign that this guy brings to the locale, holds up with his tripod and takes away in a few hours. It's a protest sign, simple as that.

And NO ONE can be sued if some jackhole driver isn't paying attention and causes an accident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
how is he creating a safety hazard any more than people hanging "WELCOME HOME (soldier)" signs on overpasses? Just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it illegal.

exactly. and the families or friends of those soldiers often neglect to take those sheets down and you'll see them half hanging off the overpass and half connected to the overpass. When the sheet finally falls off, if it lands on someone's windshield and causes an accident, who do THEY sue??? The soldier? His family? Or the county for allowing these stupid things?

Old 07-28-2010, 10:52 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
It's a sign.

Above the road.

People walk over overpasses all the time.. do you stare at them every time you drive past?

I don't get it. You can't be that distracted because of this guy.
After two little bassterds tossed gravel from an overpass on I-91 in Northampton, MA -- breaking my windshield and dinging my hood -- I pay attention to people on overpasses. Little azzwipes were smart enough to use an overpass with NO on/off ramps -- which made it possible for them to flee quickly.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:54 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
It's not "unauthorized signage". It's not something that is bolted to the LIE overpass. It's not something that is posted in the ground. It is a moveable sign that this guy brings to the locale, holds up with his tripod and takes away in a few hours. It's a protest sign, simple as that.

And NO ONE can be sued if some jackhole driver isn't paying attention and causes an accident.

Does he have a permit to assemble/protest in this spot with signage?

Old 07-29-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Does he have a permit to assemble/protest in this spot with signage?

A single person with a sign doesn't need a permit to protest or assemble. Those types of permits are for groups of (I believe) 35 or more.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:03 PM

31 posts, read 138,990 times
jackass was back tonight

Old 08-03-2010, 05:41 AM

Quote:
After two little bassterds tossed gravel from an overpass on I-91 in Northampton, MA -- breaking my windshield and dinging my hood -- I pay attention to people on overpasses. Little azzwipes were smart enough to use an overpass with NO on/off ramps -- which made it possible for them to flee quickly.
"Paying attention" to people on an overpass is different than the jackhole's who have to practically come to a total stop to GAWK at the guy.

Face it, this guy is doing NOTHING to slow down traffic on the LIE. Nothing. It's the morons who have to slow down or stop to stare at any minor distraction and can't pay attention to what they're doing.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:23 AM

231 posts, read 960,711 times
What is the deal with people hating Newsday? There are now signs on the Sunken Meadow thrashing Newsday? The one I saw today said - Newday Everyday...LIES. I don't read that paper - so I don't know anything about it, but it also gets thrashed in some threads on CD.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:34 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,973,888 times
I don't like the fact that if you're not an Optimum customer you can't read their site for free, but I'm not about to stand on an overpass complaining.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:08 AM

4,698 posts, read 8,760,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmax View Post
What is the deal with people hating Newsday? There are now signs on the Sunken Meadow thrashing Newsday? The one I saw today said - Newday Everyday...LIES. I don't read that paper - so I don't know anything about it, but it also gets thrashed in some threads on CD.
Newsday has devoted a ton of ink to discussing high salaries/pensions found in the police departments, teachers unions, sewer districts, sanitation districts, and various town/county workers. In other words, there is no shortage of people with little love for Newsday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island