U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 03:31 PM

20 posts, read 54,279 times

Advertisements

[quote=Elliot2112;15383268]Hello,

I am going through the eviction process in Suffolk county. We were awarded default judgment through the courts and the sheriff was given the judgment and warrant information. The 72 hour notice was served about 5 days later, but we are still awaiting the sheriff to actually evict the tenants. It's been 2 weeks and the sheriff's office cannot/refuses to give me any time frame or even where I am on the list. They keep telling me there is a backlog and they will process them in the order they were received.

Anyone go through an eviction where the sheriff actually removed the tenants? If so, how long did it take and is there anything I can do on my end to speed up the process?[/quote

Sheriff serve 72 hours notice on Sept 27 to my tenants, today is Nov, 1, 2011. they still didn't physically evict them. How is yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 03:55 PM

Hi All the Landlord,
I have been evict one of the DSS tenants for all most 1 year. I have changed to 2 lawyers, and spent $2850, all they want is ask paid in front. both didn't evict the tenants. I bought a book online about $36 dollars by UPS overnight delivered. the book wrote by the 2nd and 6th district court judge Hon. Stephen L. Ukeiley in 2011. I went to court on Nov 1, 2011. My case number Balt 1354/11 I won the case. because I followed book. My lawyer (Mr. Vandamir from Deer Park) has been thought out by the court last year, because he didn't sent a 30 days notice to DSS, because the tenants has Nassau/Suffolk Law service free attorney. I was angry, and changed the lawyer. the second lawyer tried to drag me get as much as she can. After I bought the book, I did eviction by myself today. I Won. because I knew why those two attorney was did wrong. I have been successfully evicted 2 bad tenants already. I learned from last 1 year, Angry and worries are not going to help all the landlords. Nassau/Suffolk Law service free attorney know what they doing, they are in the court every week. Landlords have to do the right procedure to win the case. Get the book, it is worst it. you can find it online. Landlord and Tenant Disputes in New York by Hon. Stephen L. Ukeiley Suffolk County District Court Judge.
I am an educated Chinese. but I have a Chinese interpreter helped me in the court. I won. Law is equal to everyone, if you follow the procedure.

Weina Zhong

Old 11-01-2011, 04:06 PM

4,216 posts, read 191,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weina z View Post
Hi All the Landlord,
I have been evict one of the DSS tenants for all most 1 year. I have changed to 2 lawyers, and spent $2850, all they want is ask paid in front. both didn't evict the tenants. I bought a book online about $36 dollars by UPS overnight delivered. the book wrote by the 2nd and 6th district court judge Hon. Stephen L. Ukeiley in 2011. I went to court on Nov 1, 2011. My case number Balt 1354/11 I won the case. because I followed book. My lawyer (Mr. Vandamir from Deer Park) has been thought out by the court last year, because he didn't sent a 30 days notice to DSS, because the tenants has Nassau/Suffolk Law service free attorney. I was angry, and changed the lawyer. the second lawyer tried to drag me get as much as she can. After I bought the book, I did eviction by myself today. I Won. because I knew why those two attorney was did wrong. I have been successfully evicted 2 bad tenants already. I learned from last 1 year, Angry and worries are not going to help all the landlords. Nassau/Suffolk Law service free attorney know what they doing, they are in the court every week. Landlords have to do the right procedure to win the case. Get the book, it is worst it. you can find it online. Landlord and Tenant Disputes in New York by Hon. Stephen L. Ukeiley Suffolk County District Court Judge.
I am an educated Chinese. but I have a Chinese interpreter helped me in the court. I won. Law is equal to everyone, if you follow the procedure.

Weina Zhong

Congrats. I too was a landlord and never hired a lawyer. I did all the court process's myself, took plenty of pics etc. I have ever ever lost a case. Just make sure to back up all your proof, have leases signed, and pics. The deadbeat tenants had a lawyer one time and I won the case.The author of the above book has been the judge in all my cases.
Good luck

Old 11-01-2011, 04:08 PM

Hi All the landlords,
If you need any help with eviction in Suffolk, you can email me at z_w_na@hotmail.com I can read the book for you. My DSS tenants Rodney Davidson and his family moved to Coram, they lost their DSS voucher, if you are their landlord, you will have issue with them very soon, email me that I can help you. go to this website to check your tenants criminal Arrest.
Skip To
New York State Unified Court System
Courts WebCrims

Home WebCrims

Case Search

eCourts

Your Account

Defendant Search Results

You Searched On Defendant Rodney Davidson
County Suffolk Modify Search New Search
Search Results 1 through 5 of 5 Note: To view case details, click the case # link (opens in new window). Case # Defendant Summons # Appearance Date Court Judge Part 2010SU055625 Davidson, Rodney
11/15/2011 Suffolk First District Court
D41 2010SU055626 Davidson, Rodney
D41 2011SU026474 Davidson, Rodney
D41 2011SU026475 Davidson, Rodney
D41 2011SU029121S Davidson, Rodney K
D41

Courts Email: eCourts@courts.state.ny.us

Old 11-01-2011, 04:23 PM

Default weina Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
Congrats. I too was a landlord and never hired a lawyer. I did all the court process's myself, took plenty of pics etc. I have ever ever lost a case. Just make sure to back up all your proof, have leases signed, and pics. The deadbeat tenants had a lawyer one time and I won the case.The author of the above book has been the judge in all my cases.
Good luck
Thank you. You are right. It takes me a long time to learn all those process. it was very emotional. I remember we were talked half year ago on this website. I hope that we can talk. Thanks

Old 11-07-2011, 10:32 AM

1 posts, read 3,442 times
I payed the sheriff the second week in sept now its nov 7. N they have not served my tenets. Wit the 72 hours.what is taking so long I have people that want to move in and will pay rent I need help

Old 11-22-2012, 05:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,956 times
The Suffolk County sheriff's Eviction unit on Long Island is as effective as LIPA. They take forever to serve 72 hours notice and when they finally do they send you or your attorney a letter asking for additional moving fees. I was awarded a no-stay judgement against my tenant in court. Two months later the tenant is still in the apartment. And of course, in New York State only the sheriff can evict the tenant. Judge's decision is almost meaningless. Until lawmakers in Albany or in the county change the law and allow landlords to hire private moving companies the sheriff's office will continue to charge property owners huge fees to evict tenants. Right now the Sheriff's office has a monopoly on tenants eviction in Suffolk County. They ask me $1050 to move a tenant out of a small studio apartment. Some landlords pay a lot more to the sheriff just to put the tenants' belongings to the curbside. A moving company would have done the job for $350 or less.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:27 PM

4 posts, read 8,626 times
Three months from start to finish...done many...it's a fact

Old 04-05-2013, 11:36 PM

The sheriffs are in business for themselves. The more you ask questions or call the longer it will take. Once you actually win in court which sounds east, but do everything in favor of the deadbeat tenant will find even the slightest problem if you do it yourself. PAY A GOOD LAWYER !! A regular attorney with no eviction experience will loose two or even thre times before he gets it right. Once you get your warrant for eviction / possession and get it to the Sherrif it can take as much as four to six weeks just for them to serve the three day notice. Then they want you to pay them to put the tenants out. This will cost about three times what a mover would charge but expect more delays if you don't pay the sheriff ( $3000. In my case ). Then it can be six to eight weeks before they show to put the tenant out. The tenant is ALWAYS THE WINNER IN SUFFOLK COUNTY.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic007 View Post
The Suffolk County sheriff's Eviction unit on Long Island is as effective as LIPA. They take forever to serve 72 hours notice and when they finally do they send you or your attorney a letter asking for additional moving fees. I was awarded a no-stay judgement against my tenant in court. Two months later the tenant is still in the apartment. And of course, in New York State only the sheriff can evict the tenant. Judge's decision is almost meaningless. Until lawmakers in Albany or in the county change the law and allow landlords to hire private moving companies the sheriff's office will continue to charge property owners huge fees to evict tenants. Right now the Sheriff's office has a monopoly on tenants eviction in Suffolk County. They ask me $1050 to move a tenant out of a small studio apartment. Some landlords pay a lot more to the sheriff just to put the tenants' belongings to the curbside. A moving company would have done the job for $350 or less.
This guy is right on the money !!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island