Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 12:28 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,769,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
The Island Trees Union Free School District is in the northeast and east part of the Hamlet of of Levittown and no part of the Hamlet of North Bellmore, which is to the southwest of the Hamlet of Levittown and is separated from the Hamlet of Levittown by the southeast part of the Hamlet of East Meadow and the northwest part of the Hamlet of North Wantagh, is in the Island Trees Union Free School District.

A map of the Island Trees Union Free School District:

Yes.

A map of the Hamlet of East Meadow in the Town of Hempstead, Nassau County:

The Hamlet of East Meadow has a different border than does the "East Meadow, NY 11554" ZIP Code postal zone (a place can be in the Hamlet of East Meadow and have other than an "East Meadow, NY 11554" mailing address): there are a few places in the Hamlet of East Meadow that have a "Westbury, NY 11590" mailing address.

I stand corrected and thanks it is East Meadow

I hate border roads, one of the most confusing is Old Town rd. One section connects three hamlets, Coram, Selden and Terryville. One guy who lives one block north of Old Town said his mailing address is Port Jeff Station. He was on Cedar next to the "W" section so I thought he was in Coram.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 12:39 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,683,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood16 View Post
Island trees is made up of seaford,bethpage,and levittown.
The Island Trees Union Free School District is 100% in the Hamlet of Levittown.

Bear in mind that parts of the Hamlet of Levittown have a "Seaford, NY 11783" and a "Bethpage, NY 11714" maikling address, but no part of either the Hamlet of Seaford nor the Hamlet of Bethpage are in the Island Trees Union Free School District.

On LI, You Ain't Where You Think You Are, rev. 2 may help you understand the great geographic confusions caused by non-conforming ZIP Code postal zones.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
I agree with all American Merrick has a lot of break insbecause its so close to Roosevelt znd freeport.

I guess that's the reason for the increase of property crime at Bellmore train station. Gangs from Freeport are taking the rail to Bellmore to vandalize property at the station.

Show me stats where crime is higher at the border neighborhoods of Merrick. Seaford and Bellmore seem to be a whole lot scarier and unsafe than Merrick.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:01 PM

63 posts, read 360,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
I guess that's the reason for the increase of property crime at Bellmore train station. Gangs from Freeport are taking the rail to Bellmore to vandalize property at the station.

Show me stats where crime is higher at the border neighborhoods of Merrick. Seaford and Bellmore seem to be a whole lot scarier and unsafe than Merrick.
Why is Seaford and Bellmore scary and unsafe? I am unfamiliar with the areas but I had them on my list of areas to look for a home... should I be taking these off my list??

Old 08-15-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo Delta View Post
Why is Seaford and Bellmore scary and unsafe? I am unfamiliar with the areas but I had them on my list of areas to look for a home... should I be taking these off my list??

The housing stock in Merrick, Wantagh and Massapequa is a little more diverse and in better shape. Seaford and Bellmore seem to have a larger inventory of capes, small ranches and bungalows. Several posters have also written that Seaford south of Merrick rd has a lot of section 8. I just don't like areas where the houses lookalike. That's why I purchased on the North Shore. To the average person from Merrick to the Suffolk County border, just like their train stations, all those towns lookalike. There really isn't a big difference in any of them.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:12 PM

24,114 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Yes North Bellmore is near Uniondale. I would not want to live there either, and I really do not need to elaborate. There are better places to live in my opinion.
I need not elaborate further.
I am entitled to not like an area for any reason I want - as is anyone else on this forum - or anyplace else.
I might dislike it because it has boring architecture, bad schools, is close to towns that are undesirable, has no trees, is flat, , has mediocre schools, is too near Jericho Turnpike, lacks history, or has too many people of the same ethnic group and is not diverse enough.

And those are just a few of the reasons.

Calling me "genius" in a sarcastic and disparaging manner must indicate that I threaten you.

As for the poster who corrected me about the exact boundaries of Bellmore - I could not care less what the exact boundaries are.It is near enough to those places and it is not such a nice place itself. -IMO.

The OP asked why homes were so inexpensive there. There is always a reason. I gave my opinion and I am not alone in it. and you know what? I wouldn't care if I was.
I Ido not need the validation of others.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:57 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,500,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
The Island Trees Union Free School District is 100% in the Hamlet of Levittown.

Bear in mind that parts of the Hamlet of Levittown have a "Seaford, NY 11783" and a "Bethpage, NY 11714" maikling address, but no part of either the Hamlet of Seaford nor the Hamlet of Bethpage are in the Island Trees Union Free School District.

On LI, You Ain't Where You Think You Are, rev. 2 may help you understand the great geographic confusions caused by non-conforming ZIP Code postal zones.
people who live in seaford and bethpage don't pay levitown taxes or have a levittown mailing address. This isn't the dark ages when you grew up in hamlets.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
people who live in seaford and bethpage don't pay levitown taxes or have a levittown mailing address. This isn't the dark ages when you grew up in hamlets.
NYS Geographic Glossary and Excellent Long Island Geographic Resource may be of some help to you in understanding the geography of "Lawn Guyland".

Old 08-15-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Yes North Bellmore is near Uniondale.
All of North Merrick is between North Bellmore and Uniondale.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:19 AM

29 posts, read 162,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo Delta View Post
Don't worry, these towns are not unsafe. There is no such thing as a town that is completely void of all crime and Bellmore is no exception but the typical crimes in Bellmore are more petty theft, vandalism, not things like murder, rape and such.

Don't read in to the responses here too seriously, take all with a grain of salt. I have lived in the area all my life and I feel safe and love the area. I am a South Shore person and always will be. Certainly others with difference preferences may not choose the area for whatever reasons but I can assure you Bellmore should be kept on your list. Go experience the town for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island