U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 08:48 PM

18 posts, read 15,256 times
Default :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcba View Post
REKID20 - you have alot to say !!!
You bet I do! :P Lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 08:52 PM

I am simply just adding my concerns on the topic is all. I love my town, no matter how many flaws it has. my little town that is Selden.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:30 AM

OMG, THERE WAS A PEEPER OUTSIDE MY BEDROOM WINDOW LAST NIGHT!
*12/17/10 11:20pm around Henry Ave. and Imperial Dr.*

WATCH OUT! HE'S STILL OUT THERE!

Old 12-18-2010, 10:48 AM

1,919 posts, read 2,871,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcba View Post
REKID20 - you have alot to say !!!
He's talking to himself. The last three posting had no quotes. I hope he is enjoying the conversation.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
He's talking to himself. The last three posting had no quotes. I hope he is enjoying the conversation.
Lol

Old 01-05-2011, 10:47 AM

wow....... they just knocked down the woods near Homerun Heros. T_T and for what? I hope they have a good reason and not some stupid one, like a new coffee shop or some other house or something. T_T What retards! >:P

Old 01-05-2011, 01:22 PM

13,429 posts, read 14,586,995 times
What 'woods' are you talking about? There are a few empty lots along MCR, but no real woods to speak of.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
What 'woods' are you talking about? There are a few empty lots along MCR, but no real woods to speak of.
The woods along Middle Country Rd. right next to Homerun Heros. It was more of a patch of trees, basically half the size of a woods. Now all you see is a big pile of chopped up trees and a couple of bulldozers and a big beige house behind it. >:/
Question: Is that property considered residential or commercial property, do you know? :/ ?
Selden (according to the books) is known for its woods. and we're chopping them all down. because of money. how ridiculous! thank goodness for greenbelts! >:/ at least the woods near my house is protected!

Old 01-05-2011, 08:45 PM

13,429 posts, read 14,586,995 times
You're referring to a wooded lot. Woods or forest refer to a fairly large area with a lot of trees -- I hate to be persnickety about semantics, but I was really scratching my head trying to figure out the 'woods' you referred to.

I would say it's a safe bet that the property is commercially zoned as it fronts MCR.

Because you wrote Selden, I was thinking the other hero shop closer to Ocean Ave -- Campus? University? (Some sort of college name?) Googling Home Run Heros I see that it is actually 1366 Middle Country Rd in Centereach. Google mapped it and checked out the street view -- then I knew where you meant.

Here's a hint in how to find out what's going on at a certain location. Success isn't always assured, but it's simple.

1) Confirm the Town the address is in -- Brookhaven
2) Confirm location with nearest cross street -- Middle Country Rd & Rosemary Ln
3) GOOGLE: Brookhaven Planning Board Middle Country Rd Rosemary Ln

Come up with:
http://www.brookhaven.org/LinkClick....d=193&mid=2712

Scroll down to item number which matches your query; in this case Item 11.

Looks like a new restaurant with outdoor seating is in that lot's future.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:51 PM

15,537 posts, read 15,238,402 times
Default A Teen With Causes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekid20 View Post
also, what are your thoughts on these stupid cell phone towers? > yea, they "provide" faster phone service, but no matter where we go, there will always be dead zones. like the basement, public bathrooms (sometimes), etc.. and if they think that they have to put up more of these cell phone towers to try and get rid of these dead zones (which is impossible), then before you know it, we'll all have cancer!

Did you know that there is a cell phone tower (in Selden of course) that is planned to be built in Veterans Park RIGHT behind Hawkins Path Elementary School??! I went around, and not a lot of people in the area knew about it. :/ I wasn't even notified about the one in Independence Plaza (where the Old Navy is)! >:/ so I guessed that it was going to be no different for them, which is why I stood outside Hawkins Path Elementary and asked some parents about it, and they all said that they didn't know anything about a cell phone tower being built there. :/ I knew it.
I don't know if you guys noticed, but I have put up fliers all over town (but not too many) about the proposed cell phone tower plan and to go to the tree and menorah lighting to talk to the SCA about it. (they're all on telephone and street poles mainly, but you could also find some hanging up in some stores (if they haven't already taken them down))

If anyone is interested in knowing more about the cell phone tower issue in out town and the effects and PROOF that these cell phone towers are harmful, go on Facebook and search: The Dangers of Your Cell Phone Towers:. (The proof I have is from .edu, .gov websites, as well as videos on the matter from channel 11, 7, etc. news.)

Thanks.
Interesting post.

I am curious. Since you don't like cell phone towers and think they contribute to cancer, do you yourself use a cell phone? Just askin.'

Keep being politically and socially aware. As a matter of fact, why not run for school board next time they vote on the budget? I think you're old enough. What the heck. Couldn't hurt to have some new blood in there. Stick up for the property taxpayers if you do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island