Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2010, 07:44 PM

305 posts, read 1,004,651 times

Advertisements

Ok I have finally made it back home and we are living in an apartment complex in hauppauge, however, we dont have the sq ft and there are no kids

Where did all the kids go? when I was growing up on LI and even when my son was growing up there was private homes to rent and kids in the neighborhood. If someone could point me in the right direction I would really appreaciate it. We would really like to have a townhome or a apartment with a pool and but most importantly kids, our daughter is in private school so the school district is not too much of a concern.

However, she is a good kid, so I dont want a neighborhood that is influx with drugs or gangs.

Something with 2 bedrooms no more than 1850.00- I have seen several apartment complexes at this price range with pools but I just dont know about the kids
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 01:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,448 times
omg.. you took the words right out of my mouth.. please let me know if you have found that place.. im in need of it as well

Old 01-19-2011, 06:13 PM

592 posts, read 1,814,082 times
It might help you get suggestions if you named the general area of LI you are interested in living.

Local papers, Yankee Trader, PennySaver all have "for rent" columns weekly. And, there's also Craigs List and MLSLI under "rentals". Once you determine a general area and make some calls just ask if there are children for your daughter to play with nearby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: