Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2010, 05:54 PM

322 posts, read 937,559 times

Advertisements

About a week and a half ago my family and I were taking the Port Jefferson-Bridgeport ferry over to CT to visit relatives. I never used the marina parking lot before, but I was running late and it was the closest lot to the ferry.
I paid the parking fee, received the permit, and went to park. After driving around the entire lot, there were no spots available. I drove back to the entrance booth to let them know, and they assured me there was plenty of parking available, pointing me to the north side of the lot. I drove there and back, still no spots. I literally only had 5 more minutes until my ferry was about to leave, so without getting my money back I left the lot, drove to a metered spot, paid the fee and ran to catch my ferry, which I did with 2 minutes to spare.
That evening when I returned, I went back to the ticket booth to get my refund. I had the permit, the receipt, and the ticket and receipt for the metered spot as proof. I was told they couldn't do anything because I purchased it from a different shift. They also had a sign on the window saying "Sorry, No Refunds".
Rather than drive all the way back to Port Jeff, I tried calling the town service center in hopes of getting in contact with the person in charge of the marina. After a week and several messages, I have yet to receive a response.
At this point I am going to chalk it up to a lesson learned. But for those who use the ferry or hang out in Port Jeff village, do yourself a favor and use the village parking. Town of Brookhaven services are scammers and only care about getting your money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 07:53 PM

401 posts, read 944,647 times
If that had happened to me, I would have to go to the town office in person. I can only imagine how infuriating that was. I am not sure where the office would be, but I'm assuming it would be located in Farmingville with the rest of the town offices. Usually the employees are forced to respond when someone shows up in person. If you show up and speak to a superviosr, you can explain that you have been leaving messages with no response. You are entitled to a refund, to say the least. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island