U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-26-2010, 01:20 PM

1,919 posts, read 3,153,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
In addition to all of the Hamlet of Jericho, the Jericho Union Free School District includes parts of the Village of Muttontown, the Village of Brookville, the Village of Upper Brookville, the Village of East Hills and the Village of Old Westbury.

With that in mind, I'd look into those villages. I'd stay out of the hamlet of Jericho mostly boring lookalike split-levels and hi-ranches. I'd also avoid North Shore SD, Jericho is far better.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 01:21 PM

3,231 posts, read 3,813,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
If money were no obstacle, you could afford better than Long Island.
it sort of depends. Many insanely wealthy people have homes on LI.

Of course they also have homes in LA, WPB, Manhattan, etc....but LI does have certain areas that appeal to the mega rich.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseWords View Post
Best place for a family....that says to me somewhere in Huntington, Llyod Harbor area. Somewhere right on the water.

I'd agree with Llyod Harbor if it's in CSH SD.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
airplane joke

I guessed that when I saw all the Rocky Point postings it had to be a joke. That's why I started laughing. Why would someone pick Rocky Point when the towns east and west of it are so much nicer?

Old 08-26-2010, 01:36 PM

3,686 posts, read 4,533,660 times
Rocky Point is beautiful.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:44 PM

5,130 posts, read 4,992,317 times
The poor new guy and not getting the Rocky Point thing... For future reference, the answer to any question on this board is RP.

If money's no object it's largely useless to discuss public schools because you won't care, use private, and resale won't matter.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:46 PM

622 posts, read 640,193 times
If you can afford to live in loyd harbor school district wouldnt matter because you would be able to afford private schools.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:49 PM

2,938 posts, read 5,701,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldcoastgirl View Post
I wonder what would be the best town to live in on Long Island?
Best Schools, Best place for a family etc.

Would love to hear opinions.
Given the title of your thread, would you please marry me?

Old 08-26-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
The poor new guy and not getting the Rocky Point thing... For future reference, the answer to any question on this board is RP.

If money's no object it's largely useless to discuss public schools because you won't care, use private, and resale won't matter.

OK on the Rocky Point thing. I don't agree with wealthy people only sending their kids to private school. Having kids attend the school district is social and a great way of being a part of the community. This is very important to the nouveau(sp) riche. I agree with you on world travellers or old money, they already have a social circle and could care less about such things as the SD. Perfect example is Bridgehampton.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:39 PM

3,939 posts, read 4,415,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
I guessed that when I saw all the Rocky Point postings it had to be a joke. That's why I started laughing. Why would someone pick Rocky Point when the towns east and west of it are so much nicer?
Rocky Point is no joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island