Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2010, 06:22 PM

27 posts, read 108,691 times

Advertisements

Hi all

I am thinking of moving to bellport i was just wondering if any one could tell me a little about the down. would you rec moving there? i know it part of brookhaven but thats it? i googled it not much comes up just the histry on the down?

just wondering if any one could help me

all so any one know a good website to find apartments in suffolk county?

Thank you

David
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 06:45 PM

1,214 posts, read 3,642,340 times
Bellport can be divided into two parts - the incredibly wealthy and the incredibly poor. Two extremes. As far as a downtown area goes, maybe there are two blocks of stores. There is a grocery store there, a church, gift shops, etc. The times I've been to Bellport, it's struck me as very quiet and off the beaten path. A rather small little place, very pretty and scenic on the water side, and as said before, very poor not on the water side. South Country Road is the divide between the haves and the have nots.

I've heard Isabella Rosallini and Charlie Rose live in Bellport, and I'm sure they both have service entrances to their houses, I mean mansions.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:28 PM

732 posts, read 1,734,561 times
Bellport is more *three* parts:

- The rich spot within Bellport Village boundaries (south of Head of the Neck)
- The poor spot (between Sunrise Highway and Beaver Dam Road)
- The middle class spots (off Association west of Station Road; and the neighborhoods NORTH of Sunrise - S. Village, Atlantic Point, the two Sid Farber developments north of the second Outlet)

Old 08-28-2010, 08:54 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,767,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoleModel View Post
Bellport is more *three* parts:

- The rich spot within Bellport Village boundaries (south of Head of the Neck)
- The poor spot (between Sunrise Highway and Beaver Dam Road)
- The middle class spots (off Association west of Station Road; and the neighborhoods NORTH of Sunrise - S. Village, Atlantic Point, the two Sid Farber developments north of the second Outlet)

LOL! I guess Walter is off tonight. I haven't seen the post with the map of the village of Bellport and map of the hamlet of North Bellport.

BTW, I think the middle/working class and lower income spots are actually North Bellport.

Bellport is that town for people who don't want to travel all the way to the Hamptons or be a part of that exhausting social scene.

Old 08-28-2010, 09:00 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,672,241 times
Default A map of the Village of Bellport in the Town of Brookhaven, Suffolk County

A map of the Village of Bellport in the Town of Brookhaven, Suffolk County:

The Village of Bellport has a different border than does the "Bellport, NY 11713" ZIP Code postal zone (i.e., a place can have a "Bellport, NY 11713" mailing address and not be in the Village of Bellport and a place can have other than a "Bellport, NY 11713" mailing address and be in the Village of Bellport): places with a "Bellport, NY 11713" mailing address that are not in the Village of Bellport are in the Hamlet of East Patchogue and the Hamlet of North Bellport; and, at the same time, there are places in the Village of Bellport that have a "Patchogue, NY 11772" mailing address.

Old 08-28-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
A map of the Village of Bellport in the Town of Brookhaven, Suffolk County:

The Village of Bellport has a different border than does the "Bellport, NY 11713" ZIP Code postal zone (i.e., a place can have a "Bellport, NY 11713" mailing address and not be in the Village of Bellport and a place can have other than a "Bellport, NY 11713" mailing address and be in the Village of Bellport): places with a "Bellport, NY 11713" mailing address that are not in the Village of Bellport are in the Hamlet of East Patchogue and the Hamlet of North Bellport; and, at the same time, there are places in the Village of Bellport that have a "Patchogue, NY 11772" mailing address.

Walter, have you ever considered spreading your knowledge and information to the northern and western suburbs' forums? I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated for people who don't know the area or think they do.

Old 08-28-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
Walter, have you ever considered spreading your knowledge and information to the northern and western suburbs' forums? I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated for people who don't know the area or think they do.
It's already enough of a chore for Lawn Guyland without expanding to other areas.

Old 08-28-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
It's already enough of a chore for Lawn Guyland without expanding to other areas.

Well you do an excellent job.

Old 08-28-2010, 09:25 PM

27 posts, read 108,691 times
first off i want to say thank you for every one help
I e-mail the ad and he said the apt is in the town of brookhaven. and it bellport schools. so i asked him a second time what down is it in he said brookhaven township. i am from the city but doesint brookhaven have there own schools like every other town?

Thank you all for your help
it really helpfull.

David

Last edited by goingnowere; 08-28-2010 at 10:27 PM.. Reason: stupid questiond

Old 08-28-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
Well you do an excellent job.
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island