Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 08:15 PM

87 posts, read 259,825 times

Advertisements

Thank you for your answers it is just what I expected. But as someone said
a salesman is just that, and they do negotiate, as that is how theiy earn their money. Tough job in these days. was just curious and now I know from a handful only.
Thsnks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 08:25 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,142,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Gal View Post
Thank you for your answers it is just what I expected. But as someone said
a salesman is just that, and they do negotiate, as that is how theiy earn their money. Tough job in these days. was just curious and now I know from a handful only.
Thsnks!!!
Joining late in the discussion, but would like to add a couple of thoughts/comments.

One item:
you're saying Tough job in these days which would imply that you think it's more difficult than in the past. It's most definitely true, and the cost of marketing is up as well - yet you'd like the agent to get paid less, as in pay cut for more work...
another item:
The commission gets split, always between the listing and the selling side (which are mostly two different parties) and also generally between the agency and the agent. So the $1,000 total could be just $250 for your agent. And some companies won't share in any "reduction" by their agents, so if the listing agent's company won't participate in lower commission than agreed upon, the amount which is due the agency comes out of the agent's "pay", which reduces his/her commission even further.

Just something to think about...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island