Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 03:39 AM

1,919 posts, read 5,769,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
Some parts of medford are nice. Old Medford is very nice. Eagle Estates ; not so nice, but then there is a developemnt off that which is very very nice. My developemnt is very nice also ; but then its nearer to Gordon Heights which I wouldnt recommend. It really depends what you are looking for.

There is a gated community on Granny rd between 112 and GH that is really nice. I picked up a couple who was taking a trip to St. Tropez in that complex I went inside their unit to get their luggage. I must say the place is tastefully designed, and very updated. The couple say all the units, no matter the sq. footage is upscale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Outside of your opinion, which will be biased in favor of Medford as you live there, the other posters have pointed out that Medford is a mixed bag.

As a cabbie, nevets has more experience with people in the community who you otherwise might not. As it is, you've written 'there might be' which means you really do not know.

You've chosen an area to live in because it is affordable as opposed to getting yourself in over your head and that's commendable. However, there are elements within the community with whom a resident will interact -- whether it be in the supermarket, the post office, the drug store, etc. If the OP is a single woman, a family with small children, etc., they should be made aware that there is a higher population of troubled individuals residing there.

Check out the Parents for Megan's Law website and conduct a search using Medford only. You'll find 29 level 1-3 offenders in 11763.

It's only fair to be honest to the OP as to Medford's good and not-so-good points.

Thank you. I never said the place was bad. I was only stating my experience inside the complex, which was frequent and has never involved a money transaction but rather a county voucher. As I said in a previous post there are nicer parts of Medford and I still stand by saying that the homes south of the LIE on Old Medford rd. are the most upscale in the Medford area.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majortom1981 View Post
Yes but he does not know everbody in the development. this development is huge and i doubt the 3k people who live here are all on welfare.I bet you they mostly live in the rented condos.
Of course. SS does not buy recepients homes nor pays a person's mortgage. And once again where did I say everyone there was on welfare and what area has all of their residents on welfare?

Old 11-13-2010, 10:24 AM

265 posts, read 945,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
Thank you. I never said the place was bad. I was only stating my experience inside the complex, which was frequent and has never involved a money transaction but rather a county voucher. As I said in a previous post there are nicer parts of Medford and I still stand by saying that the homes south of the LIE on Old Medford rd. are the most upscale in the Medford area.
idk i always thought the pines would be considered the most upscale

Old 11-13-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John9l0 View Post
idk i always thought the pines would be considered the most upscale

Some of those townhouse communities are really nice. Some more middle of the road.. Overall Medford is nice, the school districts have issues. I hate to say this but the illegals are the cause of many of them.

Old 11-13-2010, 12:30 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,155,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Sound Beach/Ridge
Glad to see you're back, Crooks

While prices of homes in that area are quite affordable, I wouldn't necessarily consider the taxes a bargain. I've been showing (lots of) houses in that area recently, so I'm not going by hearsay...

Old 09-11-2014, 03:50 PM

9 posts, read 13,200 times
Could you Please ask your Mom what the Percentage is of welfare recipients in all of Medford. I just need those stats. Thank you very much. Lola

Old 09-12-2014, 05:39 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,083,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbit282 View Post
Could you Please ask your Mom what the Percentage is of welfare recipients in all of Medford. I just need those stats. Thank you very much. Lola
You realize you're responding to a post that has been "dead" for over 4 years right?

And you realize that it's politically incorrect to say welfare also right? It's government assistance and it falls into multiple different categories.

Old 09-12-2014, 10:09 AM

764 posts, read 1,553,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbit282 View Post
You do realize that those stats would be off since Gordon heights shares a zip code with Medford even though its not really Medford. That's why Medford gets a bad name since the news says Medford when it should actually say Gordon heights.

Old 09-14-2014, 08:57 PM

195 posts, read 310,589 times
it's a dump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island