Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 04:28 PM

48 posts, read 76,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
They'll be around to defend their(the kids)actions. They'll come up with something stupid like "self defense" because the gay little white kid threated to rape them or something totally crazy and off the wall like that.

They will have a tough time defrnding their actions when even one father won't.

Hate-crime suspect's dad: 'Let him learn his lesson'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 04:53 PM

19,768 posts, read 20,557,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
And I'm being accused of being a race-baiter. This is a whole thread geared towards a topic that has nothing to do with what actually happened. It was a gay hate crime, period and those men were savages just like any person who hurts another based on hate.

Do you guys feel this way about those men who attacked that man in Patchogue? Let me do a little archive research.
Don't sweat it...everyone is a closet racist or biggot.
Some just hide it better than others.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:19 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,501,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
Six months in a maximum lock-up, the population will enjoy this "fresh" meat.
Yes, nothing funnier than the dreadful state of our prison system and how people get raped in there!

Old 10-17-2010, 09:13 AM

1,919 posts, read 5,755,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Don't sweat it...everyone is a closet racist or biggot.
Some just hide it better than others.

Wow! It's amazing. I read some archives concerning "the boys" who killed the immigrant from Patchogue. No one called them savages or animals despite that triple the numbers killed a man. I'm not going to question which crime was worse, they were both horrific. My question is why the double standard. Sad. What really made it shocking is that sickofny99 started a thread about being tired of hearing about these "hate crimes" and other voiced that the Hispanic community needs to get over it. Now we have a thread where posters are claiming it's a hate crime against whites, which is clearly not the case. What's wrong with you people? And before the OP starts to rant that I have an agenda and I'm a "white on white" racist, I will agree I do have an agenda. I will always call out on people who try to create double standards. Stop thinking it's us against them.

BTW, this is another thread the OP started that has nothing to do with LI real estate and more to do with "politics". OP, in the future please create threads that are about LI towns, houses and real estate. Not about your twisted views of "hate crimes."

Old 10-17-2010, 12:18 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,220,975 times
Quote:
Wow! It's amazing. I read some archives concerning "the boys" who killed the immigrant from Patchogue. No one called them savages or animals despite that triple the numbers killed a man. I'm not going to question which crime was worse, they were both horrific. My question is why the double standard. Sad. What really made it shocking is that sickofny99 started a thread about being tired of hearing about these "hate crimes" and other voiced that the Hispanic community needs to get over it. Now we have a thread where posters are claiming it's a hate crime against whites, which is clearly not the case. What's wrong with you people? And before the OP starts to rant that I have an agenda and I'm a "white on white" racist, I will agree I do have an agenda. I will always call out on people who try to create double standards. Stop thinking it's us against them.

BTW, this is another thread the OP started that has nothing to do with LI real estate and more to do with "politics". OP, in the future please create threads that are about LI towns, houses and real estate. Not about your twisted views of "hate crimes."
Did anyone on here actually condone the murder of that man? I don't recall that. I also found that story to be especially interesting because it wasn't pure white on minority crime. Two of the perpetrators were minority. One was hispanic himself. The other was black (plus he was involved in another group's shooting/killing but apparently he got off light if he was out to do more crime ... that of a black Jamaican immigrant who was killed in a home invasion in Patchogue).

What's wrong is we are all individuals and we have different points of view. I don't read many other location specific messageboards on here (except NYC on occasion) so I can't tell you if we as a group here on the LI board are "worse" than other groups of posters.

We don't have to keep the discussion on the messageboard to just about towns, houses and real estate. It just needs to be LI-specific. I don't think this thread needs to go to P&OC.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Did anyone on here actually condone the murder of that man? I don't recall that. I also found that story to be especially interesting because it wasn't pure white on minority crime. Two of the perpetrators were minority. One was hispanic himself. The other was black (plus he was involved in another group's shooting/killing but apparently he got off light if he was out to do more crime ... that of a black Jamaican immigrant who was killed in a home invasion in Patchogue).

What's wrong is we are all individuals and we have different points of view. I don't read many other location specific messageboards on here (except NYC on occasion) so I can't tell you if we as a group here on the LI board are "worse" than other groups of posters.

We don't have to keep the discussion on the messageboard to just about towns, houses and real estate. It just needs to be LI-specific. I don't think this thread needs to go to P&OC.

No thank G-d I would hate to think anyone would condone such an act but the reaction of outrage from that crime and the present one is in high contrast. In the NY area the LI posters have a tendency to use this forum as a vehicle for their political views more than the other suburbs. I actually like that until it becomes too one sided. In other cities it's very common. Check out the Detroit area forums, very "us against them."

Well, this one is very LI specific so I will bow to your wisdom. I still question the OP motives and agenda. This is his 2nd thread in a week that has focused negatively on non traditional Long Islanders. I'm starting to see a Johninwestbury pattern with his threads.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:53 PM

22,140 posts, read 19,369,819 times
Quote:
No thank G-d I would hate to think anyone would condone such an act but the reaction of outrage from that crime and the present one is in high contrast. In the NY area the LI posters have a tendency to use this forum as a vehicle for their political views more than the other suburbs. I actually like that until it becomes too one sided. In other cities it's very common. Check out the Detroit area forums, very "us against them."

Well, this one is very LI specific so I will bow to your wisdom. I still question the OP motives and agenda. This is his 2nd thread in a week that has focused negatively on non traditional Long Islanders. I'm starting to see a Johninwestbury pattern with his threads.
I think the OP's agenda was very clear considering he basically accused all of the media including that thing called the NY Post and the Nassau County Police Department of having some liberal agenda since they actually followed the evidence of the case and said the attack as an anti gay attack rather than anti white.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
The other was black (plus he was involved in another group's shooting/killing but apparently he got off light if he was out to do more crime ... that of a black Jamaican immigrant who was killed in a home invasion in Patchogue).

Sounds like a career criminal.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:57 PM

752 posts, read 1,459,066 times
If he isn't really gay...is is still a hate crime? A lot of teenage boy's might call him gay or " the nastier equivalent" in an attempt to anger him or just to call him names, The media is quick to jump on the hate crime wagon, they should chill out with that....it was just a bunch of dumb teenagers being dumb teenagers....
this will happen.
The bus driver should have pulled over and put a stop to it before it got out of hand
but then again, if the bus driver steps in then the parents might say that they had no right,
god forbid the bus driver had to grab one of them or all three of them to stop the fight
that would be abuse or assault
our society has set it up so kids can do whatever the hell they want with no consequences,
you have to sit there and take your beating then work it out in court later
if you get involved you may end up on the wrong end in court...

Old 10-17-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
If he isn't really gay...is is still a hate crime? A lot of teenage boy's might call him gay or " the nastier equivalent" in an attempt to anger him or just to call him names, The media is quick to jump on the hate crime wagon, they should chill out with that....it was just a bunch of dumb teenagers being dumb teenagers....
this will happen.
The bus driver should have pulled over and put a stop to it before it got out of hand
but then again, if the bus driver steps in then the parents might say that they had no right,
god forbid the bus driver had to grab one of them or all three of them to stop the fight
that would be abuse or assault
our society has set it up so kids can do whatever the hell they want with no consequences,
you have to sit there and take your beating then work it out in court later
if you get involved you may end up on the wrong end in court...

I agree, the bus driver should have made an attempt to stop the fight. I would think he is the authority figure on the bus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island