Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 08:21 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,124,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxxpower View Post
Question, on the star rebate it says proof of residence required: nys tax return, drivers license, registration ... this is in addition to the deed.

I am closing end of december and not sure I will have any of those things by the deadline. Address change goes to dmv, but it is through mail and will not be available for proof

any ideas?
That's a tough one - you won't even have utility bills. How about the HO insurance policy?
Any chance you can go to DMV in person, right after you close?

Don't know how close to the cut-off date your closing is. I suggest you call the Town and explain to be sure you get the right info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 04:50 AM

51 posts, read 222,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
That's a tough one - you won't even have utility bills. How about the HO insurance policy?
Any chance you can go to DMV in person, right after you close?

Don't know how close to the cut-off date your closing is. I suggest you call the Town and explain to be sure you get the right info.
Yeah, and you need two complete utility bills to boot. I guess the DMV stuff can only exist at one address, which will then be your proof its the primary. Something tells me if you go to the local DMV you wont get the document then either, but they will just send your form up to albany and you will still have wait to get it in the mail. I am thinking of just sending it in now, even though it will be another 8 days or so before I actually move.

Old 12-12-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Yeah, and you need two complete utility bills to boot. I guess the DMV stuff can only exist at one address, which will then be your proof its the primary. Something tells me if you go to the local DMV you wont get the document then either, but they will just send your form up to albany and you will still have wait to get it in the mail. I am thinking of just sending it in now, even though it will be another 8 days or so before I actually move.
If I'm not mistaken, they will issue a temporary license on the spot, but don't remember if that shows an address. You could also cross out the old address on your license and write in the new one - I would ask if that's acceptable proof. Still comes down to calling the Town and asking for their input...

Old 12-13-2010, 07:14 AM

51 posts, read 222,407 times
FYI - called nassau cty assesors office. they said if you go to DMV you can get the temporary licences and it will be sufficient for proof of primary residence.

thanks Elke, you were right about that.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
FYI - called nassau cty assesors office. they said if you go to DMV you can get the temporary licences and it will be sufficient for proof of primary residence.

thanks Elke, you were right about that.
Great! Thanks for the confirmation. Now all you have to do is be ready with all your paperwork and maybe hand deliver it after the closing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island