Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 08:00 PM

213 posts, read 702,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlelongisland View Post
i am my own source. and i am very wellthe malverne district has 'selective belt tightening' and there lies the corruption. and selective concern of the condition of their schools. funny they only became concerned over the lack of improvements since the 70's AFTER the surplus funds were brought to the public forum! its hilarious. the residents are NOT as stupid as they would like to believe.
If you were familiar you would know that the task force to study the housing and grounds was formed well before the state audit and in fact I believe they presented the board with their findings and recommendation to reorganize the schools months before the audit was completed and they were meeting and visiting other schools a year before the audit took place. If you don't support the bond because you don't make as much as you think your entitled too I'm sorry but my children and the teachers and all staff deserve a better, safer environment for learning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankly900 View Post
Thanks for clarifying the undeveloped land question. That's a shame.

Absolutely we r a district divided. I never had a problem with the elementary schools. Or even the middle school but I won't send my dog to that high school and its NOT cus I think the athletic field needs improvement. There r greater issues. Seems to me they r more concerned with appearance then the big picture.
Somehow I think your experience or knowledge concerns the prior principal. The current HS principal and his colleagues have done a tremendous job of changing the culture of the school and fostering a sense of community and pride. Not to say that it's where it needs to be YET but certainly much has changed since the leadership of the building has changed.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Any thoughts on this issue? Is it $15 Million that they are proposing? (how many tax paying malverne residents actually send their kids to school there? how many are bused in from lakeview?)

Vote is November 16th. Seems to me this district should have made many of these considerations before they restructured the schools and now they expect the residents to pay for their board's bad planning.
You work in the district and are under the impression that our Lakeview students are "bussed in"? Are you kidding me!

Old 11-06-2010, 08:15 PM

Malverne Schools Seek Support of Taxpayers for Building Projects - Malverne-West Hempstead, NY Patch

Old 11-07-2010, 01:42 AM

1,919 posts, read 5,767,561 times
Quote:
Any thoughts on this issue? Is it $15 Million that they are proposing? (how many tax paying malverne residents actually send their kids to school there? how many are bused in from lakeview?)

Vote is November 16th. Seems to me this district should have made many of these considerations before they restructured the schools and now they expect the residents to pay for their board's bad planning.

What are you talking about? Lakeview shares that SD with Malverne village and parts of other hamlets. No student is bused into the Malverne SD. Where did you get this ridiculous information?

Last edited by 1nevets; 11-07-2010 at 01:59 AM..

Old 11-07-2010, 01:55 AM

1,919 posts, read 5,767,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maisy123 View Post
You work in the district and are under the impression that our Lakeview students are "bussed in"? Are you kidding me!

I think littlelongisland might be a janitor or some low paying job and has no idea what the district line are.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:22 AM

4 posts, read 5,324 times
Wow that last comment about low paying janitors seems very harsh. I never realized it but it looks like among the districts many other problems they also have done a poor job with regard to keepin employees happy.
(My father was a custodian for 42 yrs in nyc)
And I'm a layman with no facts or figures at my fingertips but everyone knows that the district that serves the malverne community has a large student body from the neighorboring community. That's neither meant as good or bad merely a fact.
This thread appears to have too many folks with a political agenda. Its a great example of this very divided district and why people pull their kids out and y its hard to pass important issues. They **** off their residents beyond belief.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:55 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,672,241 times
Quote:
... everyone knows that the district that serves the malverne community ...
Actually, not all of the Village of Malverne is in the Malverne Union Free School District, with parts of the Village of Malvene in the Valley Stream Central High School District.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Wow that last comment about low paying janitors seems very harsh. I never realized it but it looks like among the districts many other problems they also have done a poor job with regard to keepin employees happy.

And I'm a layman with no facts or figures at my fingertips but everyone knows that the district that serves the malverne community has a large student body from the neighorboring community. That's neither meant as good or bad merely a fact.

This thread appears to have too many folks with a political agenda. Its a great example of this very divided district and why people pull their kids out and y its hard to pass important issues. They **** off their residents beyond belief.
The budget has passed for several years running and the residents just approves the purchase of real estate and busses for transportation. One unhappy employee ranting on a city data forum does not make for a disgruntled staff.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:31 AM

Quote:

What "everyone knows' is that the Malverne UFSD serves parts of Lakeview, Malverne and Lynbrook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island