U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 01:26 PM

46 posts, read 36,908 times
Default Baiting Hollow is a great place to live

I live in Baiting Hollow and couldn't imagine living anywhere else on the Island. Where else can you live close to farms, beaches and vineyards while still being close to the LIE for easy commuting. The Riverhead School District is the best kept secret on the East End and no where near how its percieved by people outside of Riverhead. Most people look at the diversity make up and automatically assume its a troubled district when in fact its on par or above any similar sized District. Also, the kids will benefit from a more diverse real world learning environment. The SWR district is way overated and the taxes are unstable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 01:31 PM

1,917 posts, read 2,844,522 times
Not sure what it is but once people move north of 25A they lose track of distance; something goes wrong in their brains and they think they are close to the LIE.
Baiting Hollow is OK. I hate the traffic on Sound Ave (Which will continue to get worse) and personally, I hate RH (Not becasue of the diversity) but it's great you found a place that you like.
Here at CD people use race (Diversity) to judge school districts. It's just the way it is, so RH will never be well regarded at this site.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:58 PM

7,658 posts, read 10,442,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
Not sure what it is but once people move north of 25A they lose track of distance; something goes wrong in their brains and they think they are close to the LIE.
Baiting Hollow is OK. I hate the traffic on Sound Ave (Which will continue to get worse) and personally, I hate RH (Not becasue of the diversity) but it's great you found a place that you like.
Here at CD people use race (Diversity) to judge school districts. It's just the way it is, so RH will never be well regarded at this site.
Yet quite ironically it was Newfield HS in Middle County that made the "needs improvement" list for this side of Suffolk.

Maybe RH is worth the drive now.Baiting Hollow is absolutely beautiful.If not for the schools (RHS in particular.. the elementary is pretty good), we wouldve looked at it more closely too.

Bottom line Id take it over most of central Brookhaven even with the additional time to Edwards Ave/LIE.Which btw runs North out east.

JM2C.

Crooks

Old 11-11-2010, 02:04 PM

3,686 posts, read 4,187,315 times
Oh my god...is Baiting Hollow a Town, A Hamlet, A Village...I havent been told yet. I wonder what it is.

Crooks..jump to the rescue please...

All I know is that BH has the Cooperage Inn...which has one might fine Sunday Brunch.

Old 11-11-2010, 03:13 PM

9,343 posts, read 16,023,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
All I know is that BH has the Cooperage Inn...
According to the Census Bureau's online address search function, located at 2218 Sound Avenue, the Cooperage Inn is in the Hamlet of Northville ("Calverton, NY 11933" mailing address).

Old 11-11-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
According to the Census Bureau's online address search function, located at 2218 Sound Avenue, the Cooperage Inn is in the Hamlet of Northville ("Calverton, NY 11933" mailing address).
Walter speaks sooth.

Theres also a Roanoke Ldg in the midst.

but stay the hell out of the Greens.

Old 11-11-2010, 04:57 PM

3,686 posts, read 4,187,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
You and the census bureau are wrong. Or else the Cooperage Inn just doesn't even know where they are.
Go check their webite.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:32 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,951,474 times
I love the Cooperage

Old 11-11-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
You and the census bureau are wrong. Or else the Cooperage Inn just doesn't even know where they are.
Go check their webite.
LMAO!

Old 11-11-2010, 08:51 PM

3,173 posts, read 3,192,899 times
Quote:
Go check their webite.
I think the census is off on this one, Cooperage doesn't appear to be anywhere near Northville, but it does look like its right on the border [Calverton / BH]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island