Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 09:50 PM

24,091 posts, read 32,431,870 times

Advertisements

Right. Short sales have the wrong name. They are really long sales.

We moved to North Eastern PA about 6 months ago. I don't know how you feel about PA but it's a lot closer to NY than OK is. Also there seems to be some awareness of Autism here - if the little bumper stickers are any evidence I see them here almost as frequently as on LI.

For 150 you could get a very decent house with taxes under 2500. Two hours to NY - people here go to the city a lot more than many LIers do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 11:59 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,767,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

We moved to North Eastern PA about 6 months ago. I don't know how you feel about PA but it's a lot closer to NY than OK is. Also there seems to be some awareness of Autism here - if the little bumper stickers are any evidence I see them here almost as frequently as on LI.

For 150 you could get a very decent house with taxes under 2500. Two hours to NY - people here go to the city a lot more than many LIers do.
When did you move? I thought you lived in the 3v area?

Old 11-17-2010, 06:35 PM

177 posts, read 313,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

My mother suggested PA a while back (I think we were still looking at NH). I'd have to do some research - it's not a bad idea. Thanks for the suggestion. I really like where we're looking now, but the thought of coping with 90" of snow is a little daunting. At least it's better than tornadoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island