U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 12-21-2010, 10:32 AM
 
2,356 posts, read 3,691,247 times
Reputation: 477

Advertisements

Someone said "ask the neighbor" .... on rare occasions thats not true either.... make sure you got the same answer from all 8 neighbors


6----------7-----------8

1-------Your house-----5

2----------3-----------4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-21-2010, 11:17 AM
 
1,980 posts, read 2,055,186 times
Reputation: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu400 View Post
Someone said "ask the neighbor" .... on rare occasions thats not true either.... make sure you got the same answer from all 8 neighbors


6----------7-----------8

1-------Your house-----5

2----------3-----------4
Even better.. when you are looking at a house you like, ask to see the latest tax bill. Not only will you verify what school district the house is in, you will be able to see what the tax breakdown is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 11:53 AM
 
9,343 posts, read 16,992,748 times
Reputation: 4224
Default Middle Country Central School District

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK-LI View Post
I live in Lake Ronkonkoma and my kids go to Middle country. Add that to the list of school districts.
North of portion on Ave A,B,C and some streets a little more north of the avenues are Lake Ronkonkoma.

Beginning on the north and moving in a clockwise direction, the Middle Country Central School District includes all or part of the Hamlet of Selden, the Hamlet of Terryville, the Hamlet of Coram, the Hamlet of Centereach, the Hamlet of Farmingville, the Hamlet of Lake Ronkonkoma, the Village of Lake Grove and the Hamlet of Stony Brook.

Middle Country Central School District:




Attached Thumbnails
holbrook/ronkonkma or rocky pt/N shore area-middlecountrycsd.gif  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 12:12 PM
 
9,343 posts, read 16,992,748 times
Reputation: 4224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Parts of Medford do too.
The Hamlet of Medford is partly in the Sachem Central School District, the Patchogue-Medford Union Free School District, the Longwood Central School District and in the South Country Central School District, but, according the the Census Bureau maps, not in the Middle Country Central School District.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Way goofy
Some would say, "Beyond goofy."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 03:29 PM
 
1,980 posts, read 2,055,186 times
Reputation: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
The Hamlet of Medford is partly in the Sachem Central School District, the Patchogue-Medford Union Free School District, the Longwood Central School District and in the South Country Central School District, but, according the the Census Bureau maps, not in the Middle Country Central School District.




Some would say, "Beyond goofy."
What streets in Medford are in Sachem????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 03:36 PM
 
7,658 posts, read 11,147,825 times
Reputation: 1222
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
What streets in Medford are in Sachem????
Newfield not Sachem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 04:17 PM
 
9,343 posts, read 16,992,748 times
Reputation: 4224
Default A map of the Hamlet of Medford in the Town of Brookhaven, Suffolk County

Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
What streets in Medford are in Sachem????
According to the map of the Sachem Central School District on page 7 of this thread, it's the northwest part of the Hamlet of Medford.

A map of the Hamlet of Medford in the Town of Brookhaven, Suffolk County:


The Hamlet of Medford has a different border than does the "Medford, NY 11763" ZIP Code postal zone (i.e., a place can have a "Medford, NY 11763" mailing address and not be in the Hamlet of Medford and a place can have other than a "Medford, NY 11763" mailing address and be in the Hamlet of Medford): places that have a "Medford, NY 11763" mailing address that are not in the Hamlet of Medford are in the Hamlet of North Bellport, the Hamlet of Yaphank and the Hamlet of Gordon Heights; and, at the same time, there are places in the Hamlet of Medford with a "Yaphank, NY 11980" and "Farmingville, NY 11738" mailing address.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 06:47 PM
 
13 posts, read 16,011 times
Reputation: 15
Found a BEAUTIUFL house in the "preserve" middle island............but longwood??? I hear it is better than Middle country ??? can anyone advise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 10:11 PM
 
1,980 posts, read 2,055,186 times
Reputation: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
According to the map of the Sachem Central School District on page 7 of this thread, it's the northwest part of the Hamlet of Medford.

A map of the Hamlet of Medford in the Town of Brookhaven, Suffolk County:


The Hamlet of Medford has a different border than does the "Medford, NY 11763" ZIP Code postal zone (i.e., a place can have a "Medford, NY 11763" mailing address and not be in the Hamlet of Medford and a place can have other than a "Medford, NY 11763" mailing address and be in the Hamlet of Medford): places that have a "Medford, NY 11763" mailing address that are not in the Hamlet of Medford are in the Hamlet of North Bellport, the Hamlet of Yaphank and the Hamlet of Gordon Heights; and, at the same time, there are places in the Hamlet of Medford with a "Yaphank, NY 11980" and "Farmingville, NY 11738" mailing address.
Based on this map, this puts Sachem East in Coram with a Farmingville zip code.

Someone should tell the Town of Brookhaven their offices are in Coram and not Farmingville regardless of what their address says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 10:29 PM
 
7,658 posts, read 11,147,825 times
Reputation: 1222
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaytogo View Post
Found a BEAUTIUFL house in the "preserve" middle island............but longwood??? I hear it is better than Middle country ??? can anyone advise?
I would agree Longwood is slightly better now that Newfield is on the NYS poop list.

Middle Island can be spotty.If you really like the pine barrens Id check out Ridge or Miller Place/RP Schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top