Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2010, 06:59 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
I didnt know that Connectquot went that far north.

Thats good to know,

It's good for anyone buying a house on LI to know very specific boundaries of school districts, more so than say Walters granular zip code and hamlet designations, because the SD determines 2 very important things that your hamlet and zip code don't..where you kids go to school, and the inherent taxes. Unfortunately, these maps seem in much shorter supply.

The West side of the lake and south of Smithtown BLVD is all Connetquot. North of Smithtown Blvd and I think West of Gibbs Pond Road becomes Smithtown SD.

You have a decent amount of streets in Neconset Zip Code actually in Sachem SD. You have Ronkonkoma going to Sachem And Connetquot. You have Smithtown going to Hauppauge and Smithtown SDs. It gets a little silly after awhile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 07:42 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,170,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
It's good for anyone buying a house on LI to know very specific boundaries of school districts, more so than say Walters granular zip code and hamlet designations, because the SD determines 2 very important things that your hamlet and zip code don't..where you kids go to school, and the inherent taxes. Unfortunately, these maps seem in much shorter supply.

The West side of the lake and south of Smithtown BLVD is all Connetquot. North of Smithtown Blvd and I think West of Gibbs Pond Road becomes Smithtown SD.

You have a decent amount of streets in Neconset Zip Code actually in Sachem SD. You have Ronkonkoma going to Sachem And Connetquot. You have Smithtown going to Hauppauge and Smithtown SDs. It gets a little silly after awhile.
It really is goofy.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:56 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,680,436 times
Default A map of the Connetquot Central School District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
I didnt know that Connectquot went that far north.
Beginning on the north and moving in a clockwise direction, the Connetquot Central School District includes all or part of the Hamlet of Ronkonkoma, the Hamlet of Bohemia, the Hamlet of Sayville, the Hamlet of West Sayville, the Hamlet of Oakdale and the Village of Islandia.

A map of the Connetquot Central School District:
Attached Thumbnails
holbrook/ronkonkma or rocky pt/N shore area-connetquotcsd.gif  

Old 12-20-2010, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I agree, and that's why I've argued with NEWSDAY for many years now that their Real Estate news department should use school district, and not village and ZIP Code borders (for hamlets), for their real estate articles.

Old 12-20-2010, 03:23 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,745,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
I agree, and that's why I've argued with NEWSDAY for many years now that their Real Estate news department should use school district, and not village and ZIP Code borders (for hamlets), for their real estate articles.
You mean for Newsday RE listings or for actual news articles? MLSLI has the 'search by school district' prominently displayed next to hamlet/village search, which I think is good. However they still don't emphasize the actual CDP/hamlet and instead go by ZIP mailing address which can mislead people. (eg- New Cassel labeled as "Westbury")

Old 12-20-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
You mean for Newsday RE listings or for actual news articles?
Both.

Old 12-20-2010, 03:26 PM

570 posts, read 1,215,023 times
You could go to any school district's District Clerk's office and request a map of the district that shows the specific streets within it's borders. My district even publishes one on the back of the district calendar that is handed out each year.
Or try district websites, they might have a map too.

Or ask the neighbors of any home you are looking at!

Old 12-21-2010, 08:38 AM

8 posts, read 23,713 times
I live in Lake Ronkonkoma and my kids go to Middle country. Add that to the list of school districts.
North of portion on Ave A,B,C and some streets a little more north of the avenues are Lake Ronkonkoma.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:46 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK-LI View Post
I live in Lake Ronkonkoma and my kids go to Middle country. Add that to the list of school districts.
North of portion on Ave A,B,C and some streets a little more north of the avenues are Lake Ronkonkoma.
I didn't know that one. It's ridiculous the way it's divided up.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:54 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,170,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK-LI View Post
Parts of Medford do too.

Way goofy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island