Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 12:03 PM

1,609 posts, read 4,687,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal workshop View Post
WRONG WRONG WRONG. Smoking Sloe's is in Fort Salonga. I've been there. The MAILING ADDRESS is Northport, NY 11768, however, it is NOT in the Incorportated Village of Northport. It's located in the HAMLET of Fort Salonga.

The small strip mall that Smoking Sloe's is located in is EAST of the intersection of 25A and Waterside Ave (north side of 25A) and Vernon Valley Road (south side of 25A).

Walter is correct. No need to berate the man. His maps are helpful.
The Postal address of that location is Northport
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 12:13 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,972,586 times
ugh why is this still going on?

Old 01-18-2011, 12:18 PM

852 posts, read 2,017,373 times
Default Thanks Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
OP placed Smoking Sloes in Northport, not in Fort Salonga.
I don't think the OP would have been able to find it again if you hadn't corrected him on which hamlet it was in.

You, quite evidently, could care less how annoying your posts are.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:33 PM

852 posts, read 2,017,373 times
Default Wait - wait - wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlty View Post
If it is Fort Salonga and the envelopes it receives are posted to Northport, how in the hell does mail ever arrive at "Smokin' Sloes?"

Old 01-18-2011, 12:39 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,759,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPool1998 View Post
If it is Fort Salonga and the envelopes it receives are posted to Northport, how in the hell does mail ever arrive at "Smokin' Sloes?"
Maybe that's why they closed....

Old 01-18-2011, 01:09 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,680,436 times
Default A map of the "Northport, NY 11768" ZIP Code postal zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlty View Post
qlty, please bear in mind that the majority of places that have a "Northport, NY 11768" mailing address are not in the Village of Northport.

Beginning on the north and moving in a clockwise direction, the "Northport, NY 11768" ZIP Code postal zone includes all or part of the Hamlet of Eatons Neck, the Village of Asharoken, the Hamlet of Fort Salonga, the Hamlet of East Northport, the Hamlet of Centerport and the Village of Northport.

A map of the "Northport, NY 11768" ZIP Code postal zone:
Attached Thumbnails
Smokin Sloe's in Northport-northport-ny11768.gif  

Old 01-18-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsuggestion View Post
It was closed yesterday and today. When I called, only got a recording to leave a message. Are they closed for the holidays?

Matt
Today their web site states its out of business I guess the area population is anti pork

Old 01-18-2011, 03:24 PM

325 posts, read 737,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoser View Post
Maybe that's why they closed....
That's it! The post office must have been so confused! I imagine their potential customers all got lost trying to find the place since they wrote "Northport" on their website, menus, and advertisements! This is a clear cut example of how geographic illiteracy can have a direct negative on Long Island business! It can also keep people from eating delicious pulled pork and ribs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
qlty, please bear in mind that the majority of places that have a "Northport, NY 11768" mailing address are not in the Village of Northport.
No. They're not all in the Incorporated Village of Northport, but they are in the community of Northport, NY.

Quote:
Beginning on the north and moving in a clockwise direction, the "Northport, NY 11768" ZIP Code postal zone includes all or part of the Hamlet of Eatons Neck, the Village of Asharoken, the Hamlet of Fort Salonga, the Hamlet of East Northport, the Hamlet of Centerport and the Village of Northport.

A map of the "Northport, NY 11768" ZIP Code postal zone:
No. Qlty, please bear in mind that "hamlets" do not technically exist in NY State, unlike the communities of postal Cities/Towns, which are clearly defined and have a direct functional relevance to Long Islanders.

Back on topic, has anyone tried the BBQ at Bravo Nader's new take-out place, Nader's Fish on the Run, in Huntington Village? I've only had the fish and chips (delicious), but also noticed they have ribs, bbq chicken, and pulled pork on the menu. I'm hoping this will be my Sloes replacement!

Old 01-18-2011, 04:45 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,972,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h-tonian View Post
Back on topic, has anyone tried the BBQ at Bravo Nader's new take-out place, Nader's Fish on the Run, in Huntington Village? I've only had the fish and chips (delicious), but also noticed they have ribs, bbq chicken, and pulled pork on the menu. I'm hoping this will be my Sloes replacement!
Stop trying to bring this thread off topic.

I'm more interested in what geographical location this fine (now defunct) establishment is (was) in!

Old 01-19-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h-tonian View Post
That's it! The post office must have been so confused! I imagine their potential customers all got lost trying to find the place since they wrote "Northport" on their website, menus, and advertisements! This is a clear cut example of how geographic illiteracy can have a direct negative on Long Island business! It can also keep people from eating delicious pulled pork and ribs!

No. They're not all in the Incorporated Village of Northport, but they are in the community of Northport, NY.

No. Qlty, please bear in mind that "hamlets" do not technically exist in NY State, unlike the communities of postal Cities/Towns, which are clearly defined and have a direct functional relevance to Long Islanders.

Its in Northport in the township of Huntington just outside of the incorporated village of Northport.I hope that satisfies the self appointed web nannies out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island