U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Unread 12-24-2010, 02:20 PM

8,681 posts, read 6,522,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstigs View Post
Thank God there are still some sane people out there who THINK.
Perhaps the next posse of drunk teenagers will THINK before they threaten to rape or kill someone.

Unread 12-24-2010, 02:21 PM

7,806 posts, read 11,260,205 times
Thread is closed. Merry Christmas

Be kinder than necessary for everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Unread 12-25-2010, 04:54 PM

369 posts, read 411,664 times
Default 168 days Justice?

With all due respect those of you on the left side please explain to me why an Adult Male with an Illegal hand gun [ no permit or LIC of any kind]
can walk out into the street [ The teenage boy was not on his property] and shoot a un-armened teenager at pont blank rage in the face. Also proven the teen never made a grab for the hand gun. While the mans son stood close by with a shotgun.
So many laws were broken, yet he walked away with a slap.
Illegal possesion of a handgun
illegal discharge of a firearm
Assault with the intent
Murder 2
The list can go on and on.
I'm not makiing it a race issue, but does this sound like the way we want to live here on Long Island.
Example your teen thinks my teen wants to rape a friend. Notice I said thinks. So yours shows up unarmened , not on property and I can walk out into the street and shoot him in the face with an illegal gun that I have NO right to own. Just because he said bad words about the color of my skin.
Please be realistic about your comments.

Unread 12-25-2010, 06:41 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,974,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar242 View Post
I'm not makiing it a race issue

Lets drop "political correctness" for a second and not be afraid to call a duck a duck okay. It is a race issue.

Unread 12-25-2010, 06:54 PM

7,658 posts, read 9,731,603 times
Im on the left and I disagree with the pandering.Now with that being said it sure seems like the deceased mayve grown up in less than tolerant biker home.
It seems to me this tragedy was completely fueled by race,fear and ignorance.

Now that Ive cleared my throat, do I believe Mr White was thinking he was within his rights to protect his family from a racial attack?....ABSOLUTELY.

Nonetheless, he was wrong and since he was the only adult in the room at the time, shame on him for murdering that kid.
Mr White needs to go back to prison for a very long time in order for justice to be served.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VQfR302sA0

Crooks

Last edited by Crookhaven; 12-25-2010 at 07:45 PM..

Unread 12-25-2010, 06:59 PM

3,939 posts, read 3,590,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar242 View Post
With all due respect those of you on the left side please explain to me why an Adult Male with an Illegal hand gun [ no permit or LIC of any kind]
can walk out into the street [ The teenage boy was not on his property] and shoot a un-armened teenager at pont blank rage in the face. Also proven the teen never made a grab for the hand gun. While the mans son stood close by with a shotgun.
So many laws were broken, yet he walked away with a slap.
Illegal possesion of a handgun
illegal discharge of a firearm
Assault with the intent
Murder 2
The list can go on and on.
I'm not makiing it a race issue, but does this sound like the way we want to live here on Long Island.
Example your teen thinks my teen wants to rape a friend. Notice I said thinks. So yours shows up unarmened , not on property and I can walk out into the street and shoot him in the face with an illegal gun that I have NO right to own. Just because he said bad words about the color of my skin.
Please be realistic about your comments.
I guess you were at the scene?

Unread 12-26-2010, 09:16 AM

999 posts, read 1,054,285 times
Some of you better get the story straight or don't comment at all....

Threats of beating and killing Arron white were made, and promised and called out on...

It wasn't one person in his driveway

It wasn't A single teenager

It was multiple cars and armed kids with bats, on his property there for the sole intent on making someone PAY physically for a LIE at 11pm, and Danny the lead teen had just attempted to slap the gun out a armed mans hand....That is anything BUT a non violent attempt...
Anyone holding a gun tells you to back away and you make an attempt at doing anything other then, is a advancing attempt and you would be stupid to think the person holding the gun might not hit the trigger...

You let a professional cop put you at gun point and then advance on him with his gun drawn....see what happens to you... So stop with the bs being played here as if this one is only the fault of Mr. White...

It was fueled by a girl who lied, teens who were illegally drinking, taking and making the 1st step in a illegal activity...

And now caused a law abiding citizen to use a hand gun passed down to him, a family heirloom to be used in defense, not a illegally acquired gun.. Even using that to make Mr.White look bad is utterly disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Mr. White can now never have that gun or any gun EVER again in his life nor vote along with a few other things he lost which are a big deal.
He was not pardoned, he was communed which means the conviction still stands, his jail time was just seen as served...

Kinda disgusting to see some peoples true colors here.... A murderer!? he didn't get a memo of the intent and go seek danny and his friends...

Not a word about the injustice on the other end, not a single charge of teens drinking, or even a charge of the girl WHO IS without a doubt the reason and sole responsible party for what happened .... Nice..

Anyone looking to move to long island, pay very close attention to threads on this subject and see the mindset that resides here... Then ask yourself, you want to be here..... You're insane if you answer yes

Merry Christmas....

Unread 12-26-2010, 09:47 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,974,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post

You let a professional cop put you at gun point and then advance on him with his gun drawn....see what happens to you
Are you kidding me with this "logic"

Your comparing a convict to a cop?

911 would have avoided all this nonsense

the guy was a thug.

Unread 12-26-2010, 10:00 AM

924 posts, read 990,379 times
It's not a race thing. It's a "don't step on another man's lawn and threaten his son's life kind of thing."

Did he handle the situation in a textbook fashion? NO

But, I also didn't receive the evacuation plan for when a gang comes to lynch my children when I bought my house.

The Governor, with all of his faults, is a pretty down to earth guy and he probably sees the practical side of this situation.

Unread 12-26-2010, 10:45 AM

9,180 posts, read 15,766,340 times
in all honesty, i can say 2 things:

1. if it was me, i would be scared as hell if there was a mob of people threatening me and my family outside of my house, volatile situation doesnt even begin to describe

and

2. i would be scared as hell even waiting for the police after i made the call to 911 to hopefully diffuse the situation. what if they start throwing rocks at the window in the meantime and the police havent arrived yet? what to do? :-O

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island