U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 09:25 AM

524 posts, read 1,601,786 times
Default Good Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
Wonder why there's no photo of kitchen or baths???
You are good Elke I didn't even notice!

My guess, 1965 build date, probably a bit dated like a lot in the original CSH houses. I am NOT a fan of Daniel Gale and the way they "run". Probably thought it would be bad to show photos, but they are not smart enough to realize is BAD to not show something. Typical Daniel Gale!

House looks very clean, in and out, so my guess is dated (probably those good colors of the 60's-remember those? Pink, green, brown, and harvest gold ) but clean as a whistle.

Good catch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 09:33 AM

67 posts, read 95,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
Wonder why there's no photo of kitchen or baths???
It always worries me when there are no pics of kitchens or baths....

Actually....MLS#2342220 looks great, although no pics of baths. What's the downside of this property?

Old 12-26-2010, 10:23 AM

7,476 posts, read 9,682,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSayNo View Post
You are good Elke I didn't even notice!

My guess, 1965 build date, probably a bit dated like a lot in the original CSH houses. I am NOT a fan of Daniel Gale and the way they "run". Probably thought it would be bad to show photos, but they are not smart enough to realize is BAD to not show something. Typical Daniel Gale!

House looks very clean, in and out, so my guess is dated (probably those good colors of the 60's-remember those? Pink, green, brown, and harvest gold ) but clean as a whistle.

Good catch!
Thanks, JustSayNo ! It's my business, so I know what to look for; have learned to "read between the lines" and to look out for what's missing.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:25 AM

854 posts, read 1,684,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingOutOfNYC! View Post

Actually....MLS#2342220 looks great, although no pics of baths. What's the downside of this property?

Chances are if there are no pictures-its dated and not going to be the selling point of the house-

The price of the house should reflect the updates that need to be made-if the seller is being realistic-if the kitchen was gorgeous-it probably would be shown in pictures and they would asking more for the house-

Old 12-26-2010, 10:27 AM

7,105 posts, read 7,783,258 times
Are there any temples in the CSH area? I can only think of one temple on Park Ave in Huntington. ETA: just googled it and apparently there is one on Goose Hill Road. I never knew that!

Woodbury may be worth checking out. Not too far from CSH train station and HV/CSH.

What about Manhasset? Although their plots tend to be smaller.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingOutOfNYC! View Post

My guess, baths not updated; but it's only a guess - haven't seen it yet (on my list of "inventory to see" though LOL).
Style of house not that popular in CSH - it's a farm ranch; Master BR (no master bath) and possible 2nd BR on 1st floor; only one bathroom on 1st floor (If you have company, they'll either use the bathroom you use, or you send them downstairs...). 2 more BR on 2nd floor plus another bathroom; 3rd bathroom in finished basement.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Are there any temples in the CSH area? I can only think of one temple on Park Ave in Huntington. ETA: just googled it and apparently there is one on Goose Hill Road. I never knew that!

Woodbury may be worth checking out. Not too far from CSH train station and HV/CSH.

Park Avenue has the big one, and the one on Goose Hill Rd is fairly new (realtively speaking, maybe 15 yrs or so ). Across from where the Library used to be, now back to an elementary school.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:

There are a few homes that fit the price range in Woodbury (with SD #2)although the property size tends to be smaller than elsewhere. Some parts of applicable Woodbury houses are in very hilly terrain, so even if you have an acre, the usable portion could be at best 1/4... Something to look out for.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:30 AM

9,343 posts, read 15,672,495 times
Located at 660 Park Avenue, Temple Beth El is a Reform Jewish congregation in Huntington.

Located at 58 Goose Hill Road, Kehillath Shalom is a Reconstructiioninst Jewish congregation in Huntington ("Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724" mailing address).

Old 12-26-2010, 12:21 PM

325 posts, read 312,454 times
Quote:

Unfortunately, Woodbury residents wouldn't be able to get a parking sticker for CSH and they have been ticketing like crazy lately. You can still get a seat at Syosset in the AM though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island