Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 09:56 PM

1 posts, read 3,010 times

Advertisements

New to LI... moving from out of state... have business in the city. Looking for home. 3 kids. Found a home on County Line Road, just south of Sunrise Hwy. 11701 zip. What do you think? Safe? Good schools?
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 11:19 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,155,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdna View Post
New to LI... moving from out of state... have business in the city. Looking for home. 3 kids. Found a home on County Line Road, just south of Sunrise Hwy. 11701 zip. What do you think? Safe? Good schools?
Thanks.
Amityville schools are not rated very high.
Only one listing on County Line south of Sunrise - a short sale; judging by the listing, it's going to need work.
You'd be within walking distance of: Checkers, McDonalds, Taco Bell and KFC; also Golden Krust Carribbean Bakery...

Old 01-09-2011, 11:31 PM

1,919 posts, read 7,109,399 times
Pass

Old 01-10-2011, 09:36 AM

372 posts, read 740,695 times
I have a couple of family members who live near, and one county line rd. It does not feel like a very upscale area. There are 2 trailer parks in the area, one right against County line Rd. I think there are better areas for the money.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:12 AM

22,187 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnalsI gnoL View Post
I have a couple of family members who live near, and one county line rd. It does not feel like a very upscale area. There are 2 trailer parks in the area, one right against County line Rd. I think there are better areas for the money.
The trailer parks are further north (on the other side of Sunrise), the specific area the OP is talking about is fine, however the school district isn't exactly the best.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:24 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,746,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The trailer parks are further north (on the other side of Sunrise), the specific area the OP is talking about is fine, however the school district isn't exactly the best.
I'd have to agree with Smash here. South of Sunrise is not bad, not great -- terrible SD though in Amityville, but a livable area. I'd head further west into Massapequa SD, my2c.

North of Sunrise by North Amityville, I would not recommend. BTW, that fast-food chain strip from hell in North Amity on rt110 that Elke mentioned, is not within walking distance of where you are looking. I think your compass is off Elke.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:39 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,155,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
BTW, that fast-food chain strip from hell in North Amity on rt110 that Elke mentioned, is not within walking distance of where you are looking. I think your compass is off Elke.
At the moment, there's only one house on the market on County Line Rd, south of Sunrise, and it's parallel to Rte 110, just north of Ritter Ave. Taco Bell is on the NW corner or Rte 110, Checkers on the SW corner; KFC and McDonalds north of there. The Golden Crust Caribbean Bakery is across the street, between Horseshoe Ct and Cheyenne Trail.

To me, going around the block is walking distance... Maybe it's not about a compass, but about pedestrian attitude??

What say you, Pequaman?

Old 01-10-2011, 04:24 PM

516 posts, read 1,076,183 times
Last time I looked Ritter Ave was way north of sunrise almost at southern state parkway. I assume horseshoe ct and cheyene trail are in the trailer park that fronts on 110. The original poster said south of sunrise.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:37 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
At the moment, there's only one house on the market on County Line Rd, south of Sunrise, and it's parallel to Rte 110, just north of Ritter Ave. Taco Bell is on the NW corner or Rte 110, Checkers on the SW corner; KFC and McDonalds north of there. The Golden Crust Caribbean Bakery is across the street, between Horseshoe Ct and Cheyenne Trail.

To me, going around the block is walking distance... Maybe it's not about a compass, but about pedestrian attitude??

What say you, Pequaman?

That is north of Sunrise Elke, just south of the Southern State.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:40 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,746,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post

What say you, Pequaman?
Click Here

I'm assuming it's the house on Cedar st. or on Pine / Maple st.

That's a 30-35 minute walk; through North Amityville nonetheless. Not really walkable, but the Mall is about 5 minutes away and Amity LIRR station is 3 minutes away which would be a huge ++ for the OP. A decent location actually... except that it's in Amityville SD .

12 E Cedar St, Massapequa, NY 11758 to Mc Donald's - Google Maps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island