Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2011, 06:05 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,636,714 times

Advertisements

I've noticed there are almost no non broker listings in the babylon, Bay shore area. Almost everything is broker Contrast that with eastern suffolk and there are plenty(more than 50/50). Why is this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 09:29 PM

9,922 posts, read 23,048,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
I've noticed there are almost no non broker listings in the babylon, Bay shore area. Almost everything is broker Contrast that with eastern suffolk and there are plenty(more than 50/50). Why is this?

I don't know where you get your information regarding the 50/50 in Eastern Suffolk, but when inventories reach a 12++ month supply and a homeowner wants to sell, maximum exposure is essential.
RE companies generally do a better job than individuals--it's what they repeatedly do for a living, not a few times over several decades.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:35 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,636,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
I don't know where you get your information regarding the 50/50 in Eastern Suffolk, but when inventories reach a 12++ month supply and a homeowner wants to sell, maximum exposure is essential.
RE companies generally do a better job than individuals--it's what they repeatedly do for a living, not a few times over several decades.
I am more interested in the disparity between non broker listings between eastern/central long island(Holbrook) and farther west babylon/bay shore. I know why people use brokers.

I am basing my numbers on what I have seen while looking at apartments.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:46 PM

9,922 posts, read 23,048,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
I am more interested in the disparity between non broker listings between eastern/central long island(Holbrook) and farther west babylon/bay shore. I know why people use brokers.

I am basing my numbers on what I have seen while looking at apartments.

Didn't see any mention of rentals in your post, sorry. Most (not all) rentals advertised by landlords themselves tend to be illegal.
Maybe enforcement of legal vs. illegal apartments is higher the more west you go?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island