U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-28-2011, 07:56 AM

13,569 posts, read 23,130,984 times

Advertisements

Thread is open however if you continue to bash each other because you don't agree it will be closed and there will be a moratorium on these type of threads.

Making snide remarks toward other members to start an argument will not be tolerated

Post link not copyrighted material

Old 01-28-2011, 08:02 AM

7,340 posts, read 7,872,915 times
So where are we at with the true cost of Suffolk and Nassau PD's when all taxes are compiled..sales, property, etc.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:37 PM

8,971 posts, read 3,064,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthone View Post
Top pay cops are making the 130 with arrest OT. Top pay teacher in the city make over 100 grand so why are you distorting facts. Are you a politician??
Go to the seethroughNY site and look it up the NCPD, if you can use Excel you can easily sort through the entire list and halfway through the 2500 employees the salary is $129K. They are at $108K after 8 years not including night differential, holiday pay, uniform allowance, stipends for special categories like administering breathalyzers, etc. They could easily go to $129K and not work an hour of O/T.

The current contract also indicates non-contributory 20 year retirement.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:08 PM

157 posts, read 73,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Go to the seethroughNY site and look it up the NCPD, if you can use Excel you can easily sort through the entire list and halfway through the 2500 employees the salary is $129K. They are at $108K after 8 years not including night differential, holiday pay, uniform allowance, stipends for special categories like administering breathalyzers, etc. They could easily go to $129K and not work an hour of O/T.

The current contract also indicates non-contributory 20 year retirement.

Wow! Hey Where can I look up what you make? And where can I find out where half these buisness owner on LI not only make but the money they don't claim. Especially contracters. So a city cops make close to 100 G at twenty years and NCPD 129 after 20 yrs. One makes to little and everyone knows that, ( excepty may be you ) and the other makes a salary.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:29 PM

7,340 posts, read 7,872,915 times
Quote:
Wow! Hey Where can I look up what you make? And where can I find out where half these buisness owner on LI not only make but the money they don't claim. Especially contracters. So a city cops make close to 100 G at twenty years and NCPD 129 after 20 yrs. One makes to little and everyone knows that, ( excepty may be you ) and the other makes a salary.
If you don't want your salary to be public record, don't be a cop or a teacher or a politician. Your comparing what you make to people who are breaking the law.

"Don't talk about what I make, what about the drug dealer makin' 4 bills a week? "

What the heck does that have to do with your salary, that comes directly from taxes?

Old 01-28-2011, 05:56 PM

8,971 posts, read 3,064,051 times
Quote:
Thanks for helping my case, a NY City PO makes 30% more than a NCPD and you take no issue with that other than that's the way it is? I seem to recall someone arguing NYPD was part of the arbitrators salary comparison when making a decision. Interesting that a 30% differential is not a consideration.

Anyway beating a dead horse as some would say, the facts are there come over to the link below so you can voice your displeasure with the teachers salaries.

Syosset Teachers Union Concessions

Old 01-28-2011, 07:41 PM

14,418 posts, read 7,846,130 times
Nearly half of Nassau Cops make over $150,000, Slightly more than half of Suffolk cops made over $150,000 last year (though that was in part due to a retroactive pay raise. Due to Mangano's removal of the compensation caps two retiring chiefs took home over $850,000 last year, another one just shy of $800,000.

Quote:
Nearly half of Nassau's 2,400-member police force collected more than $150,000 last year as high overtime costs and large retirement packages drove up earnings, according to county records.

Three retiring chiefs walked away with more than a quarter of a million dollars each in salary and severance while two still-active police officers earned more than $100,000 apiece in overtime last year and 44 officers collected more than $50,000 in overtime, records provided to Newsday by the county comptroller show.
Moderator cut: copyright
Top Stories Item

Last edited by Keeper; 01-29-2011 at 07:47 AM..

Old 01-28-2011, 08:44 PM

3,939 posts, read 3,971,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Nearly half of Nassau Cops make over $150,000, Slightly more than half of Suffolk cops made over $150,000 last year (though that was in part due to a retroactive pay raise. Due to Mangano's removal of the compensation caps two retiring chiefs took home over $850,000 last year, another one just shy of $800,000.

Top Stories Item
Insanity, we need to disband both county police departments and transfer their officers to the sheriff's departments as deputy sheriffs on deputy sheriff salaries ASAP.

Police Officer = Deputy Sheriff
Sergeant = Sergeant
Lieutenant = Lieutenant
Captain = Captain
Deputy Inspector & Inspector = combined into one rank called Major

Majors would command precincts and Captains would serve as executive officers with Lieutenants serving as shift commanders. Captains would command specialized units elsewhere (ie: aviation, marine, etc).

Lay off everyone above Inspector. Im sure the sheriff's departments have more than enough chiefs, and wardens, and undersheriffs of their own ...

Old 01-28-2011, 10:24 PM

8,681 posts, read 7,820,888 times
Angry Hey!

Quote:
Just because someone is a contractor, that doesn't mean they don't claim what they earn.

Just saying. Carry on.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:36 PM

210 posts, read 259,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Insanity, we need to disband both county police departments and transfer their officers to the sheriff's departments as deputy sheriffs on deputy sheriff salaries ASAP.

Police Officer = Deputy Sheriff
Sergeant = Sergeant
Lieutenant = Lieutenant
Captain = Captain
Deputy Inspector & Inspector = combined into one rank called Major

Majors would command precincts and Captains would serve as executive officers with Lieutenants serving as shift commanders. Captains would command specialized units elsewhere (ie: aviation, marine, etc).

Lay off everyone above Inspector. Im sure the sheriff's departments have more than enough chiefs, and wardens, and undersheriffs of their own ...
just curious -- how many Nassau & Suffolk NON JAIL deputy sheriffs do both counties have? It sounds as if you know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island