U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-20-2011, 02:05 PM
 
7,315 posts, read 7,748,802 times
Reputation: 2896

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
A gun has many uses to...shoot an animal...eat meat like a real man instead of a feminized Oprah-watching eunuch from New York.
Hey, I don't watch Oprah <squeak>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-20-2011, 02:14 PM
 
Location: Little Babylon
3,563 posts, read 4,495,601 times
Reputation: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
You can use a car, cigarettes, or a bottle of whiskey for it's intended purpose and not put other peoples lives in danger.

The main existence of a gun is to put someone else life in danger.

Do gun fetishists ever get tired of this ridiculous comparisons they parrot?

And what is the intended purposes or cigarettes and booze? One puts the users life in danger and the other even with moderate usage puts others in danger. Outlaw them already.

Quote:
Because it's too much power to allow an individual to have over the lives of other people.
How so? I own several guns, I'm allowed to carry, and yet I've never exercised this power. My friends who carry have never exercised this power. Unless of course you count the one that shot a guy who was trying to kidnap a woman. So what is this power that I supposedly have over others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2011, 02:20 PM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
15,804 posts, read 16,860,261 times
Reputation: 6479
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Another argument that is so amazingly dopey I can't believe I still hear it.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people!!"

Nuclear weapons don't kill people!! People kill people.

Why can't I have a nuclear weapon? Because it's too much power to allow an individual to have over the lives of other people.


A nuclear weapon would be the ultimate in home defense! If THAT won't stop a criminal bent on pillaging my castle, nothing would! None of you can argue with THAT, okay? A nuclear weapon definitely TOPS these high capacity magazines you are arguing about on here.

I want one!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2011, 02:22 PM
 
Location: Little Babylon
3,563 posts, read 4,495,601 times
Reputation: 1165
One small problem, they're illegal in NYC. So getting one to your house would get you one year in jail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2011, 02:23 PM
 
3,686 posts, read 4,464,826 times
Reputation: 1681
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
And what is the intended purposes or cigarettes and booze? One puts the users life in danger and the other even with moderate usage puts others in danger. Outlaw them already.



How so? I own several guns, I'm allowed to carry, and yet I've never exercised this power. My friends who carry have never exercised this power. Unless of course you count the one that shot a guy who was trying to kidnap a woman. So what is this power that I supposedly have over others?
Please...admit you are a fetishist already. make dman happy that he won his argument so he can get off his computer and go out antiqueing with the girls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2011, 02:23 PM
 
7,315 posts, read 7,748,802 times
Reputation: 2896
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
And what is the intended purposes or cigarettes and booze? One puts the users life in danger and the other even with moderate usage puts others in danger. Outlaw them already.



How so? I own several guns, I'm allowed to carry, and yet I've never exercised this power. My friends who carry have never exercised this power. Unless of course you count the one that shot a guy who was trying to kidnap a woman. So what is this power that I supposedly have over others?
Moderate alcohol use does not put anyone in danger, and an occasional cigarette in the comfort of your own home is not a death sentence. Smoking regularly is, of course.

Your argument doesn't make any sense...no matter how many times you repeat it. But something tells me you won't stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2011, 02:24 PM
 
Location: Hempstead
330 posts, read 214,937 times
Reputation: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
One small problem, they're illegal in NYC. So getting one to your house would get you one year in jail.
Only if you get caught.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2011, 02:24 PM
 
7,315 posts, read 7,748,802 times
Reputation: 2896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Please...admit you are a fetishist already. make dman happy that he won his argument so he can get off his computer and go out antiqueing with the girls.

Boy do I miss ***** Eye for the Straight Guy!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2011, 02:35 PM
 
3,686 posts, read 4,464,826 times
Reputation: 1681
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Boy do I miss ***** Eye for the Straight Guy!!!
I'm sure Say Yes to the Dress has gotten lots of your attention lately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2011, 02:47 PM
 
7,315 posts, read 7,748,802 times
Reputation: 2896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
I'm sure Say Yes to the Dress has gotten lots of your attention lately.

Never heard of or seen of it, but I'm sure since you watch it regularly it must be quite fruity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:56 PM.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top