U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 02:39 PM

3,939 posts, read 4,435,958 times

Advertisements

Less garbage, more weather.

39F | C
Current: Partly Cloudy
Wind: S at 7 mph
Humidity: 61%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 02:41 PM

3,173 posts, read 3,503,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
It aint like it used to be GPS kids are dying.
My family knows what I think of Da Riv but theyre moving out here soon anyway.
Crooks
What do you expect the kids to do when you move them out to the bleak boonies in RP? It's either that or dying from boredom.
You're fam has been "moving out here soon" since I started lurking on this site. Give it a rest.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:20 PM

7,658 posts, read 11,164,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
What do you expect the kids to do when you move them out to the bleak boonies in RP? It's either that or dying from boredom.
You're fam has been "moving out here soon" since I started lurking on this site. Give it a rest.
No one was talking to you Peqs but now that you chimed in you should probably take a look at the drug problem in Massapequa (or at very least put down the pipe).
; )

At least RP, WF,3V are taking some action.
Whats wrong with you? Is that what you're condemning us for as kids are dying?

Moderator cut: link not allowed

As for the fam not too many takers for an overpriced, overtaxed ranch with flooding issues on Da Riv but theres a big dumb hairy ass for every seat.They are looking at MS MP RP as we speak.
After damn close to 40 great years they had enough with the local flava.

Anyway were OT.

This is exactly what local SDs ought to do.
Im proud of what going on at the parent level.

Crooks

Last edited by Keeper; 02-07-2011 at 06:29 PM..

Old 02-07-2011, 04:25 PM

3,686 posts, read 4,552,128 times
Quote:
They are looking at MS MP RP as we speak.
After damn close to 40 great years they had enough with the local flava.
I'll translate...my fam has hit hard times and needs to move to lower income Suffolk County.

It's quite obvious to me that Long Island Alps has far more social problems than the Riviera ever will.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:06 PM

7,658 posts, read 11,164,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
I'll translate...my fam has hit hard times and needs to move to lower income Suffolk County.

It's quite obvious to me that Long Island Alps has far more social problems than the Riviera ever will.
Ill translate....If owning a waterfront home on The Riv out right is "Hard Times" then the area must really be going down the tubes.

Like I said they had great years there GPS(no lie).They just want a bit more (and a bit less).

Ostriching will never get at the heart of the drug problem in Massapequa (or anywhere).

I'm proud of the districts out here for taking a stand.
http://millerplace.k12.ny.us/Distric...Winter2010.pdf
MPs in too.

Crooks

Last edited by Crookhaven; 02-07-2011 at 05:42 PM..

Old 02-07-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
As for the fam not too many takers for an overpriced, overtaxed ranch with flooding issues on Da Riv ...

Crooks
What is RP, underpriced and undertaxed ??
I was looking at FEMA maps the other night, no flooding issues by AAB. I guess they are in E. Massapequa then or on one of the canal blocks.

Quote:

Thank you for translating the gibberish Gps.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:53 PM

182 posts, read 257,551 times
Quote:

Heroin: It's in Our Backyard - Massapequa, NY Patch

Massapequa HS had their community awareness forum late April 2010.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:02 AM

405 posts, read 696,949 times
NCPD arrest info

http://www.police.nassaucountyny.gov...MapandList.pdf

Nobody's immune...

Old 02-08-2011, 01:06 PM
gag

659 posts, read 693,338 times
Nowadays, it seems that SD and parents really need to address drugs (qand alcohol) at the latest by 6th grade, then follow through hard in junior high, and "maintenance dose" it through HS years.

Beginning discussions in HS...... well better late than never, but not as effective.

I mean, for how many decades have we known that drugs are rampant in LI HS, in middle class RP, and especially high money areas, like JFK Bellmore and "the pharmacy" WM in 3V noted in Crooks thread recently. JM2C

Old 02-08-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Nowadays, it seems that SD and parents really need to address drugs (qand alcohol) at the latest by 6th grade, then follow through hard in junior high, and "maintenance dose" it through HS years.

Beginning discussions in HS...... well better late than never, but not as effective.

I mean, for how many decades have we known that drugs are rampant in LI HS, in middle class RP, and especially high money areas, like JFK Bellmore and "the pharmacy" WM in 3V noted in Crooks thread recently. JM2C
I don't know about that "high money areas" myth. Look at the map LiltownBlues put up. Did you notice Freeport, Hempstead, Elmont had the biggest clusters, by far, for heroin use? I looked at Suffolk, same thing--Brentwood had the highest cluster.
We can throw that myth out the window now.

On Addressing drugs early. I think it does almost nothing. They addressed us as early as middle school, and half my class smoked weed in the sumps EVERY lunch period. It does very little to prevent it. If you prevent it in HS, the animal gets unleashed later on in life and they become the craziest drug users/drinkers when they get to college. Seen it a million times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island