Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 09:59 AM

15 posts, read 21,690 times

Advertisements

Max Salary = $75,000.

Still well above fair market value.

Those teachers that don't like that are free to go. They should have no problem finding new positions paying more because they are "worth it".

Obviously I realize there is no chance of that happening. What will happen? They'll fire a few $45,000 teachers and a few lunch ladies to save 1 $125,000 gym teacher. Because as we already know: "it's all about the children".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 11:25 AM

5,046 posts, read 3,951,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmnyy View Post
Max Salary = $75,000.

Those teachers that don't like that are free to go. They should have no problem finding new positions paying more because they are "worth it".

Obviously I realize there is no chance of that happening. What will happen? They'll fire a few $45,000 teachers and a few lunch ladies to save 1 $125,000 gym teacher. Because as we already know: "it's all about the children".
What is the max salary for the administrators? $75,000.00 sounds about right and is well above markeet value. I'm sure they'll fire quite a few teachers to preserve the salaries of the do-nothing administrator types.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:13 PM

22,666 posts, read 36,764,249 times
ah, interesting first post. I wonder who are you are? Hmmmm......

Old 02-12-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
What is the max salary for the administrators? $75,000.00 sounds about right and is well above markeet value. I'm sure they'll fire quite a few teachers to preserve the salaries of the do-nothing administrator types.
I certainly agree that the administrative salaries are out of control. However, its the teacher salaries driving this island into the ground first and foremost. It's really just sheer numbers: there are 100's if not 1000's of teachers for every administrator. While paying the administrators 5-10 times their market value needs to be dealt with, teacher salary is far, far more expensive and thus the more pressing need.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
ah, interesting first post. I wonder who are you are? Hmmmm......
I was here a few months ago and did start/post in a few similar threads. However, I doubt I made enough of a stink to be remembered.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:23 PM

148 posts, read 556,765 times
So much to complain about, so little time.

No school on Long Island has 100s let alone 1000s of teacher per administrator. Administrators are much more than just the Superintendent.

More importantly: I think it is ridiculous that a poster trying to hide behind the anonymity of a new name is trying to claim that they know what fair market value is. Come on the city data is already as anonymous as you make it, now you need multiple identies?

additionally please look into the definition of "fair market value" something which necessarily takes in previous dealings.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprprprp View Post
So much to complain about, so little time.

No school on Long Island has 100s let alone 1000s of teacher per administrator. Administrators are much more than just the Superintendent.

More importantly: I think it is ridiculous that a poster trying to hide behind the anonymity of a new name is trying to claim that they know what fair market value is. Come on the city data is already as anonymous as you make it, now you need multiple identies?

additionally please look into the definition of "fair market value" something which necessarily takes in previous dealings.
1 = This is the only identity I've ever had. I checked for the posts I did I few months back and they're gone. Whatever.

2 = Being that I don't understand fair market value could you explain it to me?

Old 02-12-2011, 01:46 PM

By the way - My goal here is to give (and get) actual information. I believe if people on Long Island had any idea of what was going on we would not be where we are at right now. Go ahead and try to discredit me by calling me another poster, pointing out spelling errors, etc.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:55 PM

5,046 posts, read 3,951,250 times
Quote:
I certainly agree that the administrative salaries are out of control. However, its the teacher salaries driving this island into the ground first and foremost. It's really just sheer numbers: there are 100's if not 1000's of teachers for every administrator. While paying the administrators 5-10 times their market value needs to be dealt with, teacher salary is far, far more expensive and thus the more pressing need.
You are living in the past CMNYY. Our local district has an administrator for every 10 teachers (and in fact one for every 125 students- I have done the math). Some districts have as many as thirty administrators. Administrator number and salaries ARE the problem. It is not like it used to be with one principal and maybe an assistant in each building and a superintendent and business official at headquarters.

Last edited by Quick Commenter; 02-12-2011 at 01:58 PM.. Reason: Typos

Old 02-12-2011, 03:03 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,166,134 times
Quote:
Max Salary = $75,000.

Truth of the matter is that the Taxes in Sachem are artificially low.

They had a weenie Supt (Commuting form Westchester)who was gunning for a higher paying gig in Nassau. He got it by not taking the politically unpopular path of raising taxes and exhausting all of the reserve funds.

Hes tap dancing at Island Trees now. be afraid, be very afraid.

New York Governor's Salary VS School Superintendent's Salaries!

Hooray for mediocre.

Crooks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island