U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 05:47 PM

15,752 posts, read 16,313,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcnret View Post
Actually, no. You have a problem with cops, so it was my assumption that your off-the-wall comments were an extension of that problem. It's rather difficult to decipher where your sincerity ends and your sarcasm begins.
I am going to be really honest with you.

I have not spoken to a police officer in YEARS. I cannot remember the last time I did, but I would say it would have had to do with an accident report I needed written out years ago.

I do not have a problem with people I never interact with.

As for my complaints about high property taxes, well if you add 'em all up you will see that I find school superintendants, school administrators and teachers' union representatives to be a much larger part of the problem and the subject and number of my postings reflect that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 05:50 PM

938 posts, read 1,009,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I am going to be really honest with you.

I have not spoken to a police officer in YEARS. I cannot remember the last time I did, but I would say it would have had to do with an accident report I needed written out years ago.

I do not have a problem with people I never interact with.

As for my complaints about high property taxes, well if you add 'em all up you will see that I find school superintendants, school administrators and teachers' union representatives to be a much larger part of the problem and the subject and number of my postings reflect that.
Yeah. And let's not forget your foray onto the Police Forum of the Schwartz Report. That worked real well for you.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:01 PM

15,752 posts, read 16,313,515 times
Quote:
Yeah. And let's not forget your foray onto the Police Forum of the Schwartz Report. That worked real well for you.
I don't consider the stalkers who followed me there from C-D to be representative of law enforcement.

Of course it did not work out well because one of my C-D "stalkers" managed to have my threads deleted from SR's Police and Nassau forums because she either (a) attracted another stalker of hers who wrote info about her or (b) used somebody else's computer to pretend to be another stalker of hers and wrote her own info in order to convince the moderator there to delete my threads. So there's no point in posting threads on there.

It has nothing to do with anyone who might actually be real LE that posts on Schwartz Report. I have nothing against them.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:23 PM

939 posts, read 1,262,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
So, if 4 guys stand there with their hoses out taking a leak on your front lawn that doesn't count. Just remain apathetic, let it go, maybe it's just the fire department doing their job.
hey now...

Old 02-17-2011, 08:34 AM

831 posts, read 760,644 times
Quote:
For all of those debating what should be done in the situation, the appropriate action is to call the police and report a suspicious person. Cops handle those calls all the time. Usually there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for the behavior; and sometimes not.
Got to go with pd on this one. Cops are trained to interact with people and pick up on things. If you want to test your constitutional rights by sitting in a car all day in a residential neighborhood where you do not live and none of the residents in the immediate area have never seen you before, don't be surprised if the police come by to speak to you. I think the term "reasonable suspicion" applies.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:35 AM

831 posts, read 760,644 times
You shouldn't argue with stupid people. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: