Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 08:11 PM

939 posts, read 1,840,466 times

Advertisements

[quote=LongIslandEddie;17917150]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcnret View Post
If a local sheriff has a problem with making the distinction between a suspected terrorist, and a well established local resident, without
blowing the incident terribly out of proportion, he really doesn't deserve to represent quality law enforcement. A cop should first be a psychologist,
a gunslinger later. how does it take 6 hours to determine that someone like a local resident, is, or isn't, involved in terrorism? Where is the presumption
of innocence, the concept that the burden of proof as to the woman's motive, be upon the state? I went to google earth and got a great and detailed
view of the entire facility, I saw parked cars, airplanes, backyard pools, the north perimeter road, the whole nine yards, there in screeching color and
laden with details! I can't believe, for even a moment, that our government is overly concerned with picture taking at Gabreski Airport.

Yes, terrorism has struck fear in our hearts. The government, in it's blind and misguided haste to "protect" it's citizenry, has pulled out all of the stops,
anything goes with them. Whether it is wiretapping or no-knock warrants, they have granted themselvs every liberty and right that their power could yield.
The terrorist is avowed to strike fear in our hearts, the government facilitates that aim. When the terrorists have succeeded in tying us up in legalese and
litigation over newly enacted laws meant to "protect" us, I'm highly suspect of it. Their record of stewardship over our economy has convinced me, that in
it's greatest accomplishment, there is hardly more than a continuing ineptitude, with patronism and corruption abounding.

When they finally get done defining the terrorist, it will more than likely be framed in a way that even a person carrying a one gallon jerry can of gasoline,
in the trunk of the car, or parked within 500 feet of a municipal building, will run the risk of being detained by law enforcement until they are "cleared" to go
on with their lives. Those terrorists want to hurt us at all cost, they've instilled a measure of fear within us that has rocked our judicial system, taxed our
resources and turned us against one another. Their work is not done, they are only beginning to understand the gap in our armour, our willingness to surrender
our hard fought personal rights, in the quest of security. They don't need to defeat us there on the sandy soil of Afghanistan or Iran, they have planted a seed
within our society, set up a level of mistrust that finds us abandoning rational thinking and astute thinking. Effectually, they have divided and therefore, in some
connected measure, they have conquered. And the guns and ammo? Hey, that's a whole nother ball of whacks!
I seriously doubt that you'd recognize a terrorist or a terrorist threat if you fell over it. While you sit speculating about all that's wrong with America now, the professionals are out there protecting you from the bad guys, bad guys who want to kill you simply because you're an American. You really have no clue what's going on out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 09:20 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,464,819 times
Little update, looks like SH will have a default judgement for 70 million against them, the town lawyer is resigning, and we'll see whats next on the chopping block.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:08 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,238,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
She was on the shoulder of the road, public domain. She can take pictures of whatever she wants. You can head over to Area 51 or any other top secret facility and sit on public land and take pictures all day long.

Its not a military base, its an airport that maintains a ANG wing. You wouldn't have private air carriers and personal Pipers and Cessna's sitting around an air base.

The Town skips the deadline on a 60million dollar lawsuit that they think they can win, yeah that and 25 cents will get you some bubble gum. No township is going to default judgement on a 60 million dollar suit if they can fight it.

She followed all NYS laws regarding firearms transport. The car was on the shoulder, not on the property (which is also fine, people transport firearms to and from airports all the time) and the guns were all locked away. NY needs to get over its loathing of firearms and the inherent sway of the public when talking about them should immediately change to fear when they are brought up.

Actually, several accounts have her on the base. Others have her right up against the gate. That is not the shoulder of the road.

But tell you what: You go there with your weapons in the front seat and 250 rounds of ammo and start snapping photos. Then, when they come out and tell you to go away, return--several times over the following three weeks. And ask a lot of questions about the containers you see on the grounds.

We can say we knew you when.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:24 AM

150 posts, read 297,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
She was on the shoulder of the road, public domain. She can take pictures of whatever she wants. You can head over to Area 51 or any other top secret facility and sit on public land and take pictures all day long.

Its not a military base, its an airport that maintains a ANG wing. You wouldn't have private air carriers and personal Pipers and Cessna's sitting around an air base.

The Town skips the deadline on a 60million dollar lawsuit that they think they can win, yeah that and 25 cents will get you some bubble gum. No township is going to default judgement on a 60 million dollar suit if they can fight it.

She followed all NYS laws regarding firearms transport. The car was on the shoulder, not on the property (which is also fine, people transport firearms to and from airports all the time) and the guns were all locked away. NY needs to get over its loathing of firearms and the inherent sway of the public when talking about them should immediately change to fear when they are brought up.
Are you sure that instead of Piper's and Cessna's they're not super sleek, hi-tech anti terrorism helicopters that strike fear in the heart of all terrorists in the Hamptons?

Old 02-18-2011, 09:09 AM

513 posts, read 834,839 times
Many, many years ago, when I was young, a friend got a fine new camera. Walking around, we were by Grumman and I remember him taking photos, especially of the No Photos sign. I was a little worried, him not so much.

I frequently pass Zabreski Airport and the Westhampton Air National Guard base. Before the display helicopter out front, there was a fighter jet. I think it's a little silly to prohibit photos of a display on the road, but that's the way it is.

That lawyer blog was some absurd writing. Left wing law enforcement mouthing that stilted dialog regarding Teabaggers? LOL...

Old 02-18-2011, 09:45 AM

1,917 posts, read 5,332,521 times
Thank you all. I am now dumber after reading all this junk.
All this thread needs in that Gpsma tripe and it's a winnah!

Old 02-18-2011, 10:18 AM

1,500 posts, read 2,793,613 times
pdcnret
Quote:
I seriously doubt that you'd recognize a terrorist or a terrorist threat if you fell over it. While you sit speculating about all that's wrong
with America now, the professionals are out there protecting you from the bad guys, bad guys who want to kill you simply because you're
an American. You really have no clue what's going on out there.
It was Bush, Cheney and Rice who failed to recognize the first terrorist threat that has brought about this sad state of affairs.
Other foreign intelligence agencies not only speculated about this impending threat, they warned us, but it was these "professionals" that
you mentioned, who turned a deaf ear to those warnings, and in view of their incompetence, our country was attacked by a rag-tag bunch
of terrorists, and now, life will never be the same for us. Our government is guilty of sleeping on their watch, it was they who got us into this
mess, they are the ones who need to be watched. We can continue to argue about where the responsibility for 9/11 lies, but you cannot
convince me to believe that half-baked law enforcement, is at all "professional" in this case.

Terrorism is more than threats to our system and our people, it's also the sacking of our economy by the financial geniuses, their wasteful
spending, the gluttony of the bankers who raped this country and added a financial burden to the citizens that far surpass these supposed crimes
of a lone woman, taking pictures of a roadside helicopter on public display. These inept administrators of our national wealth, have done much more
damage to America with their "sky is falling" attitude, and all of these costly stopgap measures put together, really do not matter in light of the fact
that our leaders still choose to leave thousands of miles of borders, unguarded and unprotected while they engage the public in foolish manner, as it
appears that they have done in this case. My observation is in no way speculative, just look at the record and the millions of wasted dollars that do
very little to assure our safety from the real terrorist threat,the crippling of our system through incidents like this which serve to weaken us and to
further drain our precious but rapidly vanishing, resource base. It is YOU who has'nt got a clue.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:22 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,222,894 times
^^^

If they cared so much about terrorists getting in they would make the Mexican and Canadian borders more secure. Many Canadian border crossings in particular are a complete joke. Security? What security?

In terms of this woman taking pictures, I think her story is quite OVERBLOWN and frankly, her account is unbelievable in places. She may just be another one looking for a big payday off the taxpayers.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:52 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,238,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post

It was Bush, Cheney and Rice who failed to recognize the first terrorist threat that has brought about this sad state of affairs.
Other foreign intelligence agencies not only speculated about this impending threat, they warned us, but it was these "professionals" that
you mentioned, who turned a deaf ear to those warnings, and in view of their incompetence, our country was attacked by a rag-tag bunch
of terrorists, and now, life will never be the same for us. Our government is guilty of sleeping on their watch, it was they who got us into this
mess, they are the ones who need to be watched. We can continue to argue about where the responsibility for 9/11 lies, but you cannot
convince me to believe that half-baked law enforcement, is at all "professional" in this case.

Actually, it was Reagan, by supporting the Taliban to get the Russians out of Afghanistan, but that's too far OT for this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
Terrorism is more than threats to our system and our people, it's also the sacking of our economy by the financial geniuses, their wasteful spending, the gluttony of the bankers who raped this country and added a financial burden to the citizens that far surpass these supposed crimes of a lone woman, taking pictures of a roadside helicopter on public display.
I agree with the part about the gluttony of the bankers who raped this country, and even concede that what they did is worse than what this woman has done so far--although who knows what she planned to do and really, you have to be a bleepin' idiot to do what she did.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:54 AM

1,917 posts, read 5,332,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
^^^

If they cared so much about terrorists getting in they would make the Mexican and Canadian borders more secure. Many Canadian border crossings in particular are a complete joke. Security? What security?

In terms of this woman taking pictures, I think her story is quite OVERBLOWN and frankly, her account is unbelievable in places. She may just be another one looking for a big payday off the taxpayers.

Well, it's a tough situation because we all know a lawyer would never lie. I mean in court-sure, but on a blog? No way.
The cops would never EVER lie about anything either (Well, duh) and of course the victim looks like a trustworthy source as well.
A virtual trifecta of honesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island