U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-25-2011, 01:16 PM

369 posts, read 357,340 times
Default Jones Beach - Donald Trump

What ever happened to that project. I recall hearing he was approved by the state to aquire state land to build on, but ran into zoning issues and halted the project.

Did they destruct his construction or has the work been left unfinished and standing?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 01:24 PM

88 posts, read 234,394 times
The project is yet to start. It is to be build where the old restaurant is at Jones Beach. That restaurant closed years ago, and Trump won't own the land he will just own the building he puts up on State land. He has won a court fight that allows him to build a basement in a flood zone, but he and the state are still arguing over how big of a building he can build

Old 03-25-2011, 01:46 PM

7,462 posts, read 9,628,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjes View Post
The project is yet to start. It is to be build where the old restaurant is at Jones Beach. That restaurant closed years ago, and Trump won't own the land he will just own the building he puts up on State land. He has won a court fight that allows him to build a basement in a flood zone, but he and the state are still arguing over how big of a building he can build

And they were also disagreeing on how big the name "Trump" could be on the building

Old 03-25-2011, 05:04 PM

619 posts, read 500,898 times
I really miss the old Jones Beach restaurant. What a loss to Long Island.

Old 03-26-2011, 02:15 PM

373 posts, read 429,824 times
I Like DT. But sometimes he is just to full of himself. What he wants to bulid is way to large for the area and there is no such thing as a water proof basement on the Island.
Funny they tore down the OBI, yet will let DT put up a building many times larger.
Wonder who is getting payed off ??????

Old 03-27-2011, 08:21 AM

999 posts, read 1,117,683 times
There are such things as water proof basements, the twin towers had the largest water proof below water basement with no issues, even after the terrorists it was still waterproof..

That's just silly to even say out loud..

I don't understand why there is a problem with reusing used property.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:53 PM

373 posts, read 429,824 times
With respect
DT is not going to build the same quality as the Towers were. The basement would not be as deep and as thick [ with water prooof doors] Bed rock VS sand. Not the same.
While it would be great to see the property used again, there are building size issues, along with traffic ETC. Were talking about a heck of alot of traffic. Waste removal, food and supplies trucked in. Heating oil/Gas? Up grade electric supply. PD services. Remember this was/is supposed to be for the High end [ rich] spender, not the common you and I . So sooner or latter someone is going to want to drop a Chopper. I just can see DT stuck in rush hour traffic [ yes I drive the OP] when he/they can afford a Chopper. How about he builds something that all of us can afford?????????

Old 03-27-2011, 03:29 PM

619 posts, read 500,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar242 View Post
Remember this was/is supposed to be for the High end [ rich] spender, not the common you and I .
I can just imagine who's going to want to get married with the view of us commoners going home after a long day at the beach. These aren't the pristine shores of some South Pacific island we're talking about. Just take a look at the lard butts, roughneck Queensfolk, and hairy-backed white trash that go to that field. I surely hope Trump designs his catering hall to have NO VIEW of the boardwalk - it's a nice view for a day at the beach, BUT NOT the background I'd want for my wedding.

Anyway, I still miss the old restaurant. Wish they would have left it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island