Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 08:05 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,321,532 times

Advertisements

They weren't waiting for the bus as I was on it, and they didn't get on. A few got off my Riverhead bound S90 though.
They were standing right by large signs saying "no loitering, no tresspassing" in spanish and english.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
There's a bus line that goes out there? Did you get a head count or check for their green cards? Maybe they were all lined up for a parade or something,
or it might've have just been a dress rehearsal for the local Cinco De Mayo parade, I mean, May, is just around the corner. Hell dude, I can hardly wait til your
documentary video expose' is processed and posted! If you are really hurting for a project, why not bicycle over to Kate Murray's house and check on the status
of her landscapers, tell them that you have a youtube account and offer to send videos to their distant relatives in Central America, in exchange for their helpful
cooperation. I hear that day laborers don't have much internet access, and I'll bet that you could learn to like them if you only tried. It has alot to do with
losing that, "better-than-thou" attitude that seems to permeate your comments, as well as developing a new and much better, "live-and-let-live" attitude.

Johnny, I'll check back with you later, probably after crooks shows up and we can get to the heart of this pressing matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 08:13 PM

208 posts, read 492,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortom1981 View Post
May I ask what is wrong with them being there? I live by north ocean avenue where they stand around and work by where they stand around in huntington station and they do not bother anybody. heck the soccer moms are worse then them with their huge suvs running red lights and trying to mow down anything that moves.
Your Kidding Right? All they do is Hang around 7-11s and make
any town Look Like a Dump and worse is when they Send their Kid
to School and they don"t speak a Dam word of english
and they Put you in the same
class i won"t say any names patchoug-medford Opps

Old 04-07-2011, 07:09 AM

87 posts, read 270,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
They weren't waiting for the bus as I was on it, and they didn't get on. A few got off my Riverhead bound S90 though.
They were standing right by large signs saying "no loitering, no tresspassing" in spanish and english.
John, Next time you see an illegal loitering or tresspassing, just ask them to show you their papers..

Old 04-07-2011, 11:04 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,814,853 times
Illegal aliens are a disaster for our budgets.

The men work under the table for cash, so don't pay taxes. Women throw down anchor babies and then are entitled to the full array of government services through their kids. Food stamps, TANF, Medicaid, etc are all for the taking. A study was recently done in which it was discovered that a full time earning mother of 2 earned the same as a non-working mother of 2 on welfare after childcare, tax credits, and welfare were all taken into account. Multiply this by thousands of illegals! Money which could be used to insure more Americans, buy more land for open space, etc, etc.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:05 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times
Default East End Female Crimewave

From Newsday Mobile:

Montauk woman charged in lottery tix theft
Long Island Item

Quote:
Paola Zuleta, 25, was the driver on Dec. 31 when Stella Vassallo, 28, of Manorville, allegedly robbed the Suffolk County National Bank in Water Mill, police said.

Detectives said Zuleta participated with Vassallo in the theft of scratch-off lottery tickets from a Gulf Station in Southampton, also on Dec. 31.
Busy aren't they? Stealing from banks to gas stations. I guess they have to do something in between the annual litter-dropping seasons.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:16 PM

1,700 posts, read 3,423,872 times
Yeah they all hang out in front of the 7-11 in Southampton and in the field across the street where they drop trough and do their thing. It's great. The only thing that makes it mildly entertaining is the guy who wears a sandwich board with "send the illegals home" all over it waving a huge American flag walking up and down the street.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:05 PM

249 posts, read 515,039 times
I can't believe some of you idiots who have no problems with illegals being here. Save me the mother hen speech. These illegal leaches destroy our local economy and you fools are paying for it.

When my ancestors came here, they did so legally, paid taxes, learned the language, and adopted our way of life. These "illegals" simply Moderator cut: language removed on all of that and send our money to their homeland where they can return and live like kings.

Moderator cut: please read the ToS. Vulgar language not allowed on c.d. see what is going on here.

Edit to add: Don't be fooled. Most are lazy and suck at manual labor. Also note, quite a few of them are "on the run" and are not welcomed in their homeland. A lot have criminal records back in the "motherland" and come here to escape that.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 04-07-2011 at 10:36 PM..

Old 04-07-2011, 10:16 PM

592 posts, read 1,814,082 times
If you don't like them here, I guess you can start cooking your own food in your favorite restaurants, then you can wash the dishes and stay to mop the floors and put out the garbage, too. In fact, you can grow and pick your own food in the first place! Then, when you go on vacation, hotel/motels will be scarce and if you can find one you can make your own bed, clean up after the person who stayed before you, go do your own work at the local eatery, and clean up the Moderator cut: language removed at the zoo you take your little kiddies to during your vacation...........get it? If these men and women who come to USA to work for practically nothing left there'd be a very negative difference in our American society. Do YOU or YOUR CHILDREN want to pick up the slack when they're gone?

Old 04-07-2011, 10:21 PM

556 posts, read 1,445,798 times
They count on the numbers and people looking down their noses at them. I think if when the problem starts have LEO explain we are not lookining to deport you, but keep this community looking the way when you came in. Stricter enforcement if the community noiciably gets worse,

jUST START SHOWING UP WHERE THEY HANG OUT AND HANG OUT THERE(BESIDES THE PICKUP.DAILY LABOUR SPOTS) Just stand around, members of the communityu and tell them to pick up their garbage and such, Start hanging out on thier corners and say things to their woman as they pass.

Most mind their owen buisness IMHO. Just the ones that hang out and ruinin it i feel enbolden because society just turns an eye and never lets them have it.They never try and break the barrier and they count that you wont tell them anything because they speak spanish. Just like kids on the train cursing it up, ive gotten groups of kids to behave soley by sternly explaining they are not the only peope on the train(at your own risj, ive gotten knoves pulled on me) Same with graffiti(in most places).

Ive always thought of just spraying a tagged up(non gang) area and just write out statements like :look im so cool i wrote on a wall!!" lol

Old 04-07-2011, 10:27 PM

556 posts, read 1,445,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
Yepp...the old saying is "its only a sign and everyone knows that signs have no authority"

If you see them in the same spot over and over, ammass a group and start doing the same thing. They will scatter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island