Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 12:09 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Actually Im pretty sure all of the So Setauket Park(the Levitt part) goes to 3V just not all of South Setauket does.In fact as the Sign says "Welcome to South Setauket Park: A Three Village Communty" Trust me they do everything they can to not be considered Centereach.

It was the same Levitt deal cut with the Strathmores and Lake Grove.

Crooks

Semantics. Of Course Setauket is part of the Three Villages. Being a part of the Three Villages would imply Three Village schools, but doesn't guarantee it.

Now I could be confusing a neighborhood -- is South Setauket Park, the one which also has signs on Hawkins? I knew a girl over on Valiant? (It has been a long time, it was a street named for a car?) and her house was 1-2 houses outside the 3VCSD border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 02:35 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,173,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Semantics. Of Course Setauket is part of the Three Villages. Being a part of the Three Villages would imply Three Village schools, but doesn't guarantee it.

Now I could be confusing a neighborhood -- is South Setauket Park, the one which also has signs on Hawkins? I knew a girl over on Valiant? (It has been a long time, it was a street named for a car?) and her house was 1-2 houses outside the 3VCSD border.

SSP is a giant Circle(Ala S Section) with the ample 3V/Not Centereach Signage like this http://www.southsetauketpark.com/sspcm/ running off E side of Wireless.Trust me its not semantics to them.

Perhaps youre thinking of New England Village?

Old 04-08-2011, 02:41 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
No.

SSP is a giant Circle(Ala S Section) with the ample 3V/Not Centereach Signage running off E side of Wireless.

Perhaps youre thinking of New England Village?
Perhaps that is it. I'm not through there all that much.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Perhaps that is it. I'm not through there all that much.
Its actually nice like the S Section.

Mature trees etc. Little benches and gazebos.Other than ribbing form local snobs who call it Centereach its a great spot and a hell of a 3V value IMO. Convenient to all too and not buried @ 347/Nicolls

Crooks

Old 04-08-2011, 05:05 PM

6 posts, read 8,944 times
Default Update on my adventures in critter-mushroom land

One Critter/Shroom house already has an accepted offer, not showing. The other we couldn't get in so actually didn't see those.

Went to see house on Fireside Lane - total disaster! For 275K I guess you get a completely trashed, filthy, STINKY, gross hell hole complete with broken windows, half falling down drop ceilings in every room (really horrible drop ceilings, I can't imagine why they were ever put in in the first place), pool filled with black water with three geese living there (I felt bad for the geese really). I couldn't even stand being in the house it smelled and looked so bad.

When I asked about the Northville spill the realtor told me that a) it didn't impact that area at all (this is just west of Old Town) behind the H.S., b) anyway they had "soaked it all up", and c) they had "dug up all the ground and got it out".

Okay, they picked up all the houses and removed all the contaminated soil and then put entire neighborhoods back down?

Old 04-08-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahay2010 View Post
One Critter/Shroom house already has an accepted offer, not showing. The other we couldn't get in so actually didn't see those.

Went to see house on Fireside Lane - total disaster! For 275K I guess you get a completely trashed, filthy, STINKY, gross hell hole complete with broken windows, half falling down drop ceilings in every room (really horrible drop ceilings, I can't imagine why they were ever put in in the first place), pool filled with black water with three geese living there (I felt bad for the geese really). I couldn't even stand being in the house it smelled and looked so bad.

When I asked about the Northville spill the realtor told me that a) it didn't impact that area at all (this is just west of Old Town) behind the H.S., b) anyway they had "soaked it all up", and c) they had "dug up all the ground and got it out".

Okay, they picked up all the houses and removed all the contaminated soil and then put entire neighborhoods back down?
I see you werent born yesterday LOL.

Not for nothing but between the Northville Terminal Rd (Belle Meade) spill and the Lawrence Aviation superfund site near the border of PJ.That patch of E Setauket has to be one of the most toxic areas in Suffolk County.

I wouldnt.At bare minimum I'd want to be east of Old Town but then your closer to Lawrence.
For that budget I'd go with S Setauket or come a little further East to Terryville, Mt Sinai, Miller Place Sound Beach or Rocky Point.

Crooks

Last edited by Crookhaven; 04-08-2011 at 05:39 PM..

Old 04-08-2011, 08:00 PM

6 posts, read 8,944 times
What's really sad is that in the quest for profit, the original responsible party (whatever companies they were) and now real estate agents are willing to lie to people and put their health and the health of their families at risk.

Shamefull.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island