Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 11:02 AM

29 posts, read 39,782 times

Advertisements

Yes, you read that right!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE HOT DOGS!!!!! YES, HOT DOGS!!!

Ahhh, the smell of them cooking in a gas station is my favorite...

And then, all the topings... Relish, Sauerkraut, Chili, Ketchup, Mustard, Diced Onions...oh, I could go on and on and on and on... Even better with a fresh bun right out the warmer... Biting into the nice, crunchy casing, the taste of all the meats...mmmm...

Soooo, anyone want to help me out? Who has the best hot dogs near me??!?

This Bun's for You!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hot dogs, Armour hot dogs | What kind of kids eat Armour Hot Dogs? | Fat kids, skinny kids, kids who climb on rocks | Tough kids, sissy kids, even kids with chicken pox | love hot dogs, Armour Hot Dogs | The dogs kids love to bite!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 11:05 AM

383 posts, read 665,149 times
Nathan's

Old 04-14-2011, 11:06 AM

939 posts, read 2,311,572 times
easily, mr. hot dog, has become my favorite "new" poster

Old 04-14-2011, 11:07 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,973,888 times
haha this can't be serious

Old 04-14-2011, 11:10 AM

Excuse me Kayfouroh, just because you don't share the same passion for hot dogs as I do...doesn't mean I can't be SERIOUS....

I don't care if it is beef, chicken, pork or a combination of the three.... I just need to know!!!!

Old 04-15-2011, 12:52 AM

431 posts, read 1,310,762 times
I had some good Sabretts Today in the Manhatten. I think it was 37th street and 7th ave. About 5pm so I guess he was just trying to get rid of what he had left. Paid $1 each..Thats right!! $1!!!! Buoght 3. Onion sauce and krout. Ate too fast though I think becuase I was in pain for an hour. But YUM!!!! Best dirty water dogs are Sabretts hands down.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:16 AM

180 posts, read 604,311 times
Have you ever tried a Salen hot dog? They make them in Buffalo. A unique dog indeed.

Anyway the closes hot dog to Minneola would have to...Rutt's Hut in Clifton NJ! Its about 45 min away with 0 traffic and they DEEP FRY THEIR HOT DOGS!

Old 04-15-2011, 08:54 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
I would still check out entrance ramps to sunrise highway and the expressway. Now is the perfect time of year when the trucks start coming out and you can get a nice Sabrett with mustard and sauerkraut. Nothing compares to them, when they are made right!!!

Old 04-15-2011, 09:00 AM

I just wanted to share that I tried three Sabrett hot dogs so far this morning....one plain, one with relish/onions and the other with chili. The bun for the chili dog got soggy and I realyl didn't like it that much, but indeed a fine dog. Very crunchy casings on all of them.

Thanks so much guys/gals.

Oh, Felix. Never heard of a Salen hot dog. Is it beef, pork, a mix? Spicey or no?

Old 04-15-2011, 09:36 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_LOVE_HOTDOGS View Post
I just wanted to share that I tried three Sabrett hot dogs so far this morning....one plain, one with relish/onions and the other with chili. The bun for the chili dog got soggy and I realyl didn't like it that much, but indeed a fine dog. Very crunchy casings on all of them.

Thanks so much guys/gals.

Oh, Felix. Never heard of a Salen hot dog. Is it beef, pork, a mix? Spicey or no?
I never tried a Salen dog but when I lived in Brockport (between Rochester and Buffalo) I tasted all the local brands and they were a very poor version compared to the Sabrett hot dogs or the ones from the real Nathan's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island