U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 11:06 PM

9,343 posts, read 16,711,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
You dont get Village amenities anywhere other than the Village of Babylon.
Or, the Village of Amityville and the Village of Lindenhurst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 11:23 PM

64 posts, read 114,262 times
Quote:
You dont get Village amenities anywhere other than the Village of Babylon.

Slight advantage to WI schools.

Theres parking you can pay for or you can grab a street and walk.

They really are sister towns.

Not talking just village amenities...talking TOB amenities...parks, beaches, Venetian, etc. And then the parking thing at LIRR.

I thought Babylon station was village sticker parking only (with a waiting list to boot) and Lindy was TOB stickers?

Old 04-17-2011, 11:29 PM

7,658 posts, read 10,944,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBS19 View Post
Not talking just village amenities...talking TOB amenities...parks, beaches, Venetian, etc. And then the parking thing at LIRR.

I thought Babylon station was village sticker parking only (with a waiting list to boot) and Lindy was TOB stickers?
I guess.

Its really not that compelling.
Islip has great parks too, besides many are County or State.

As for parking you aint getting a spot there for decades...as a resident.

Theres cheap paid parking there that most of WI take advantage of.
Or you could go up to Deer Park.

Dont overthink it. Like I said WI and BV are sister towns.Even moreso than W Bab.
Crooks

Old 04-17-2011, 11:37 PM

64 posts, read 114,262 times
Quote:
I guess.

Its really not that compelling.
Islip has great parks too, besides many are County or State.

As for parking you aint getting a spot there for decades...as a resident.

Theres cheap paid parking there that most of WI take advantage of.
Or you could go up to Deer Park.

Dont overthink it. Like I said WI and BV are sister towns.Even moreso than W Bab.
Crooks
I guess this is the interesting part of this whole convo for me...I was unaware. I'll have to do some research there or get a West Islip commuter to weigh in.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:39 PM

7,658 posts, read 10,944,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBS19 View Post
I guess this is the interesting part of this whole convo for me...I was unaware. I'll have to do some research there or get a West Islip commuter to weigh in.
Go check it at rush. The thing that drove me batty was the amount of open Village parking. Those things are coveted and sandbagged.Its a crime. Trust me WI commutes from Babylon.

Crooks

Old 04-17-2011, 11:49 PM

7,696 posts, read 10,650,001 times
Quote:
Go check it at rush. The thing that drove me batty was the amount of open Village parking. Those things are coveted and sandbagged.Its a crime. Trust me WI commutes from Babylon.

Crooks

Not relevant here, but the same thing happens in Huntington. Residents from Greenlawn and Northport/E. Npt. commute from Huntington and CSH because they don't want to have to change trains.

To the OP - Babylon is the beginning of the electric trains on that branch, so anyone commuting from W. Islip or further East would have to change trains at Babylon if they're going beyond Jamaica, i.e. to Penn Station or Brooklyn/Flatbush Ave.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:54 PM

196 posts, read 272,644 times
3/21/12
Crook thank you and appreciate it! Gag,,get a life,,,I do love this neighborhood as ever place on this earth you me and everyone else does not get along with everyone. I prefer the company of my neighbors I met upon moving in, the younger crowd, which I still belong, have much to learn of being honest, diplomatic and fair. So many people in this World today are damaged or unmedicated, their parents never made them break a sweat or appreciate what they had, so they grow up thinking everyone should fall at their feet. We worked 14+ yrs running south, every minute and every cent we had, working on our homes to afford a chuncky downpayment on my NY home. Allot is lost in today's Society, nuff said~
As far as our relocation Condtruction is over and I prefer to sell rather than walk away from my home and equity of 17+ years. Step in our shoes, do you pull up your boot straps and take what you have and make it work or do you stay and go down with the Concordia?
Massapequa is nice, lived there as a child every summer @ Grammas on the water, today very expensive, and overpriced for the amenities. Hell,,,, everyone can pay a few bucks and use all the Amenities, go Ice Skating or Swim in the Winter,,well you can do this too at the Pool at the Lindenhurst High School year round. I also stroll into many Nassau Parks with my kids and noone ever bothers us ever! We are in the middle of the best of both worlds. to the East and to the West. OH and PS> if your not White Collar ,,or an Amityvill Cop,,,,,RUN RUN RUN,,from Amityville,,its not for you,,spoken like a True born & raised Villian,,,Cheers!
I gotta add this>>>People Stop trying to keep up with the Kardashians! It's over,,live in a pretty,,, nice,,, safe,, place,,something you can afford,,not straining to cover every month,,,save money for life, travel and those rainy days,,,believe me the neighbors who are chaseing them babes are probably into it up to their Necks! The cost of Living is NEVER GOING DOWN IN NEW YORK! HELL, THE GROCERIES HAVE GONE UP 3 X'S IN THE LAST 10 MONTHS!

Last edited by Twobeach; 03-22-2012 at 12:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island