Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 09:18 AM

863 posts, read 2,108,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmv138 View Post
BJs uses manufacturer coupons???? I didnt think they did. will have to see for myself because someone told me Costco doesnt use manufacturer coupons. Thanks for the info.
That's correct. BJs does allow you to use manufacturer coupons and stack it with their own coupons. Costco does not allow you to use any outside coupons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 09:31 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,884,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmv138 View Post
BJs uses manufacturer coupons???? I didnt think they did. will have to see for myself because someone told me Costco doesnt use manufacturer coupons. Thanks for the info.
where does one get manufacturer coupons? None on manufacturer websites I found.

I don't care to take the time on coupons unless it comes to me... but these damn diapers....!!!!

Old 05-16-2011, 03:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,007 times
Hi!

While the show is 'fun' to watch, it is not realistic. However, you can save an average of 60% on grocery bills here on the Island with not much time invested per week. BUT, it may take upto 6 months to really get into couponing.

As for the couponer who used the 'wrong' coupons, the cashier DID NOT override the cpns. It was the way the coupon was bar coded, it scanned and went through. It is coupon fraud though.

King Kullen is the best for lose leaders and the only store that doubles $1. They will only accept 2 like coupons and will only double 5 per shopping trip.

All the others do have a 4 like coupon limit but there is NO LIMIT as to the amount of coupons you can use. All these stores double upto 99¢.

There are also many sites to trade coupons with others around the country (each region gets different cpns). Also, in CA for ex., they have 'wine tags' which are good for $$ amts off beef, chicken, veggies, etc. These also double and are manuf. cpns. And, you can purchase cpns for a handling fee on many coupon sites and on Ebay (which, even after paying still gives you a major savings).

And regarding BJ's, if you are buying an item packed in an 'can be individually sold' package you can use that many manuf. cpns. EX., a pack of 3 bottles of salad dressing, you can use 3 separate cpns.

I also have to agree with a previous poster, Walgreens and CVS have fantastic deals for which I pay little or no money.

And no, I do not hoard but do try to stockpile. I NEVER clean shelves but if I can I will buy a few extra of whatever to donate.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:26 PM

172 posts, read 718,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rh71 View Post
where does one get manufacturer coupons? None on manufacturer websites I found.

I don't care to take the time on coupons unless it comes to me... but these damn diapers....!!!!
you can call the manufacturers and tell them you want to try their product and want them to sen you coupons.
the wife and i went to the local market this past Sunday and they had triple coupon day up to $1. before coupons our total was $112ish and after was $42.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:29 PM

5 posts, read 29,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbrooklyn View Post
So my wife watched the extreme coupon show on TLC last night (moments after she returned from fighting with the Walbums checkout clerk about stacking coupons) and she brought up a good question. Can you truly do that effectively out LI? The grocery stores in the south let you double and even triple coupons and purchase 17 of the same items. I don’t know if anyone still double coupons and allows you to stack coupons at the same time. Did anyone watch the show (yes some of them are crazy) or does anyone have a great coupon strategy and what store do you use without hassle?
##################################################

OK LET SE..... I WENT TO PATHMARK IN DIX HILL THE ***** WONT LE ME DO 10 PAID THEN 10 PAID SO **** YOU SO TOOK OFF COUNTER THEN WHEN TO SELF CHECK OUT DID EVERYTHING MYSELF 10 ITEAM AND PAID FOR IT AT TRIPLE COUPONS IF IT 1.00 X 3=3.00 SO YES U HAVE TO FND IT AT 2.99 AND UR GONNA GET IT FREE.. OH MAN I GOT OVER 900.00 WOTH OF FOOD ON SAT AND 1035.25 ON SUNDAY BYE GOING IN AND OUT IN AND OUT IN AND OUT GO TO WWW. FREE COUPONS.COM HELP UR SELF.. PRINT 1 TIME COLOR THEN MAKE ALL BLACK INK COPY BECASZ COLOR NK COUST YOU MORE MONEY WHEN THEY GONNA WIPE IT UP IN THE TRASHCAN..

Old 05-18-2011, 05:32 PM

5 posts, read 29,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafboy101 View Post
##################################################

ok let se..... I went to pathmark in dix hill the ***** wont le me do 10 paid then 10 paid so **** you so took off counter then when to self check out did everything myself 10 iteam and paid for it at triple coupons if it 1.00 x 3=3.00 so yes u have to fnd it at 2.99 and ur gonna get it free.. Oh man i got over 900.00 woth of food on sat and 1035.25 on sunday bye going in and out in and out in and out go to www. Free coupons.com help ur self.. Print 1 time color then make all black ink copy becasz color nk coust you more money when they gonna wipe it up in the trashcan..
p.s. When you go shopping down any store get all the coupons that they give you for free.. Even the ones on the boxes.. The hell with the store... They make .08 cents per coupons.. Hahahahah

Old 05-21-2011, 08:56 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Tonight my SO was telling me about how someone at his job got $70 worth of stuff for $5. This was at ShopRite, on triple coupon days.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:43 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,884,676 times
can someone explain what this double $1 or triple coupon means? Does it mean you can use the same looking coupon up to 3 times? I don't understand the double $1. Because that just says $2 to me.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:12 PM

17 posts, read 23,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rh71 View Post
can someone explain what this double $1 or triple coupon means? Does it mean you can use the same looking coupon up to 3 times? I don't understand the double $1. Because that just says $2 to me.
Most stores will double a coupon up to .99c. ex. .40c coupon would become .80c. .99c becomes $1.98...Once in a blue moon stores will triple coupons this time that same $1 coupon would b $3....When they triple always found out what the limit of coupons u r allowed to redeem. King Kullen is the only store to double up to $1. Hope this helps.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:21 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
One thing I have found is that if you purchase a product you like and there is an issue -- however slight -- contact the manufacturer. You will need the item in front of you for the code.

I've received coupons for free cases of Poland Spring water and they sent me a really cute Poland Spring logo LL Bean brand boat and tote. I've also received coupons for free Zatarans rice mix, and other products. Just recently I purchased a small container of Baileys Coffee Creamer. The lids were improperly cast so they wouldn't flip up to dispense, instead the top had to be unscrewed. The product was fine. The manufacturer sent me 2 coupons each worth up to $4.99 toward the purchase of large containers of Baileys Coffee Creamer.

The phone calls took me all of 5 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island