Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 05:57 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,902,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2012 View Post
thank you for the advice but im a recent home buyer and dont have much knowledge about doing these things by myself. I wish I cud do it tho, I dont even know how to get to my attic lol nor where it is
You need to find your attic or crawl space for many reasons.
But this kind of work is very easy. They even teach free classes in Home Depot. I never did any of this either before I bought a house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2011, 06:07 PM

10 posts, read 18,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
You need to find your attic or crawl space for many reasons.
But this kind of work is very easy. They even teach free classes in Home Depot. I never did any of this either before I bought a house.

i was seriously considering those free classes but never had the time. this year i deff. wanna get more involved in these kind of activities and learn to do these things by myself. thanks!

Old 05-09-2011, 08:12 AM

863 posts, read 2,103,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2012 View Post
i was seriously considering those free classes but never had the time. this year i deff. wanna get more involved in these kind of activities and learn to do these things by myself. thanks!
If the area that you need done is large enough I suggest you call a company to get it done. They can get in and out in a half day and you may only end up saving a couple hundred by doing it yourself (i know it's a lot) but time is also money too and if you have cracks to get into then they will have the tools and know how.

I insulated few months ago and think it's the best money i have spent so far. Stupid me what was i thinking by not doing this before.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:26 PM

12 posts, read 24,287 times
Thank you all again, I called verizon and for the triple play with 4 rooms, it comes out to 130 a month and utilities the daughter of the homeowner got me a old bill and it was $30 for water and 150 gas and 187 for electric . . . and its her and her daughter in the house right now so thats not bad. so i got a better idea. Thanks again everyone now if i could get her lawyer to do his job so we can close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island