U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 07:34 AM

338 posts, read 400,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Lmao...you have no idea what you are talking about. Cv is out of bandwidth, due to their old network. They CANT deal with the high volume. If you live in an area with an overloaded network, you will have issues, and slowdowns. You probably live in an area that is not overloaded. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Im afraid I do know what I am talking about, more than you can ever imagine.

update your modem and youll get a better speed, and change your fittings while your at it.

little know fact: fio steals cablevisions lines when they go into a home. enjoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssd005 View Post
Hahaha, funniest post I have seen in a while! Cable internet service blows what??!!

And if they don't have routers, what do they use to route traffic...cavemen standing with cables in their hands?
what part of "doesnt have routers" dont you understand? they only offer modems! fios has wireless routers.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlty View Post
The people that post on the sound off forum of channel 12 news are a bunch of degenerates thats one thing for sure.

probably fios customers!

Old 04-25-2011, 07:38 AM

3,939 posts, read 4,099,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pequadude View Post
Im afraid I do know what I am talking about, more than you can ever imagine.

update your modem and youll get a better speed, and change your fittings while your at it.

little know fact: fio steals cablevisions lines when they go into a home. enjoy.
little known fact: my previous FIOS installation ran brand new coax lines since they didn't trust CV's contracted installers.

FIOS install techs are salaried while CV contracts out installers for the lowest possible price. The difference in installation quality is seriously night and day. CV was in and out and made a huge mess, drilling through walls, not cleaning up, etc. while FIOS took its time, did everything the right way, ran cable paths for my ONT box wires, etc. Clean and simple.

And no, upgrading your modem doesn't magically fix CV's crappy infrastructure -- them distributing their load does. Too many people on one node? Downtime.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:
what part of "doesnt have routers" dont you understand? they only offer modems! fios has wireless routers.
Offering something is better than offering nothing.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
little known fact: my previous FIOS installation ran brand new coax lines since they didn't trust CV's contracted installers.

FIOS install techs are salaried while CV contracts out installers for the lowest possible price. The difference in installation quality is seriously night and day. CV was in and out and made a huge mess, drilling through walls, not cleaning up, etc. while FIOS took its time, did everything the right way, ran cable paths for my ONT box wires, etc. Clean and simple.

And no, upgrading your modem doesn't magically fix CV's crappy infrastructure -- them distributing their load does. Too many people on one node? Downtime.
lmao!!! whats so hard about running wires? do you think its brain surgery and you need an expert to do it? I ran wires myself in my home to 11 tvs, didnt need a "qualified" technician for it.

btw, fios does hire contractors. everyone does, including LIPA.

as for verzion running wired in your home, the reason they ran new ones is because yuo probably have no cable lines for them to leech onto.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:30 PM

576 posts, read 510,273 times
Quote:

That's funny...the 2 guys I know that have worked for Verizon for ...oh, 20 years? And are installers for FIOS are suddenly contractors?

Did someone tell their union?

MORE dis-information being spread.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
lmao!!! whats so hard about running wires? do you think its brain surgery and you need an expert to do it? I ran wires myself in my home to 11 tvs, didnt need a "qualified" technician for it.

as for verzion running wired in your home, the reason they ran new ones is because yuo probably have no cable lines for them to leech onto.
Apparently running wires is a huge problem because the last 2 times CV has run coaxial lines through my apartments, they caused huge problems. The first one ran inadequate lines and I had to run my own, the second made a huge mess and simply drilled through walls and put some hot glue over the holes.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:53 PM

217 posts, read 285,406 times
I didn't use anything on CV this weekend, except TV, so who knows what's up. Just remember, even though you use CV for Internet access, sometimes they aren't at fault as it's upstream.

Quote:
cablevison doesnt have routers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssd005 View Post
And if they don't have routers, what do they use to route traffic...cavemen standing with cables in their hands?
Don't feed the troll.

Of course they have routers. Even cable modems are routers of a sort. More like a filtering bridge, but ...

Old 04-25-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krewat View Post
I didn't use anything on CV this weekend, except TV, so who knows what's up. Just remember, even though you use CV for Internet access, sometimes they aren't at fault as it's upstream.

Don't feed the troll.

Of course they have routers. Even cable modems are routers of a sort. More like a filtering bridge, but ...

what are you talking about? CV offers you DIRECT LINES OF INTERNET ACCESS, DIRECT TO THE INTERNETS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island