Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 06:30 AM

98 posts, read 774,783 times

Advertisements

Like I always say, just go out and vote NO. -it's that simple.

might take some time but if people actually go out and vote we might get somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 06:36 AM

1,609 posts, read 4,686,193 times
One way to stop the spending might be to offer free transportation to the Seniors and handicaped to get to the polls,as to how to do this I don't have the answer

Old 04-27-2011, 06:36 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,405,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK210 View Post
Like I always say, just go out and vote NO. -it's that simple.

might take some time but if people actually go out and vote we might get somewhere.
Yea, that will stop them...LMAO

Old 04-27-2011, 07:03 AM

400 posts, read 761,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlty View Post
One way to stop the spending might be to offer free transportation to the Seniors and handicaped to get to the polls,as to how to do this I don't have the answer

Its a good point.. You can bet that the Unions do this as a ay to get yes voters out... But they have deep pockets, and unless taxpayers get together and have some type of funding, it will basically be every man/woman for themselves.

The press is shining a light on this topic now, not because it is new, but because people seem to be reading and talking about it.... Which means that its on peoples minds... Thats a good thing for us...

My District is proposing a 2.55 Increase, with an estimated tax levy increase of 4%. That stinks... the teachers union is not offering anything worthy.. and if they do, they want it back in a few years or in exchange for something else... and they want it guaranteed for 3 years at least... I think the laws put the taxpayer on the sharp end of the sword when it comes to these negotiations.... It brings to light what these politicians have been doing over the years.. catering towards the Unions and screwing us royally.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:27 AM

113 posts, read 129,497 times
Default Need tax cap now

We need to vote NO for any more budget increases. What you want cut cut your family budget so that they can buy a BMW. Even if you vote No in budget you are screwed as they will do a contingency budget where you have NO say. Learn why ?

New York, Long Island Taxes: Budget Vote and What is Contingency Budget

These taxes and add on debt to fund other people luxuries is going to take away future growth and we will be funding more money to their pension funds.

http://litaxes.blogspot.com

Old 04-27-2011, 09:22 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,005,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
They may believe it is an investment in their kid's future but that future is becoming more and more likely to have to be off Long Island.

When the kids get older enough to buy their own homes, they will begin to see the heavy tax burden that we have now. And they will ask themselves, if this is how school taxes are NOW, how high will they be 20, 30, 40 years from now?
First they have to worry about how can we pay the "rent" - forget about owning. I have relatives of mine who are buying homes but only with the significant help of parents and also going into hock to buy the home - RIDICULOUS!!!! Renting is clearly the better option - paying 15K, why because it's in a nice suffolk town, please!! Sure I can buy the home, but when your tax bill is a mortgage onto itself, why?

Old 04-28-2011, 05:46 AM

57,232 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Default Mass. House Votes to restrict bargaining rights

Now this is something I really did not expect, maybe there is hope for NY.

House votes to restrict unions - Boston.com (http://articles.boston.com/2011-04-27/news/29479557_1_unions-object-labor-unions-health-care - broken link)

Old 04-28-2011, 06:54 AM

1,609 posts, read 4,686,193 times
Make NY a right to work state so teachers don't have to join a union to get a job this will end corruption and higher taxes

Old 04-28-2011, 07:18 AM

400 posts, read 761,096 times
Quote:
Make NY a right to work state so teachers don't have to join a union to get a job this will end corruption and higher taxes
I want to bus in people to randomly picket at schools against unions... Everyone send me $50.00, and I will get it done

heheheh

Old 04-28-2011, 11:37 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
Quote:
If you are running on that platform, I will vote for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island