Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2011, 02:20 PM

16 posts, read 15,048 times

Advertisements

to have long lasting negative effects on LI being that LI lies directly in the prevailing westerly to easterly wind patterns that would carry it. Hopefully, this will never come to fruition but are there any nuclear engineers out there that could answer this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 02:22 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,973,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettWeir View Post
to have long lasting negative effects on LI being that LI lies directly in the prevailing westerly to easterly wind patterns that would carry it. Hopefully, this will never come to fruition but are there any nuclear engineers out there that could answer this?
To anyone wondering, Manhattan is an island on the south eastern part of New York.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:25 PM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
To anyone wondering, Manhattan is an island on the south eastern part of New York.

to anyone wondering, New York is a designated state that is part of the North american Continent found on the planet Earth.

And here's a big shout out ot my bruthas on Ceti Epsilon V who are reading these boards! Holla!!!!

Old 04-27-2011, 02:25 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,951 times
I'm no engineer nor am I a radiation biologist, but I've had some training on this topic. A 'dirty bomb' is primarily a psychological weapon. Beyond the blast radius the number of deaths will be zero. That said, there may well be deaths from heart attacks and panic related issues (traffic accidents and such.)

Old 04-27-2011, 02:33 PM

4,698 posts, read 8,759,907 times
you should have a good 20 minutes before the bomb's radiation gets to you and immediately renders you impotent. Plenty of time for one last romp in the sack with your wife:

Married guys, state your full proof ways for your wives to give up the nookie!

Old 04-27-2011, 02:35 PM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
you should have a good 20 minutes before the bomb's radiation gets to you and immediately renders you impotent. Plenty of time for one last romp in the sack with your wife:

Married guys, state your full proof ways for your wives to give up the nookie!

If I've only got 20 minutes left, what in the name of all that is holy makes you think I'm gonna waste it on her????

I need to move closer to SUNY Stonybrook incase this happens.......

Old 04-27-2011, 04:43 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
to anyone wondering, New York is a designated state that is part of the North american Continent found on the planet Earth.

And here's a big shout out ot my bruthas on Ceti Epsilon V who are reading these boards! Holla!!!!
Hehe. I have to spread it around before I can give you anymore rep.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:45 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
I'm no engineer nor am I a radiation biologist, but I've had some training on this topic. A 'dirty bomb' is primarily a psychological weapon. Beyond the blast radius the number of deaths will be zero. That said, there may well be deaths from heart attacks and panic related issues (traffic accidents and such.)
TY for the post of sanity! We could always use sanity around here!

Old 04-27-2011, 05:07 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
TY for the post of sanity! We could always use sanity around here!
Hmm...I've never been accused
of sanity before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island