Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 11:50 AM

33 posts, read 69,153 times

Advertisements

For those poster who attended a private Christian school in the 3V -- weren't you taught about doing unto others? Judge not lest ye be judged?

Again not judging anyone or anything.....just commenting on my experiences when I lived there.
Oh and I was a teenager when my parents sent me to the christian school - we were not christian but they wanted the quality of academics the school provided. I found it overy religious and went back to public hs after two years there which I think I previously explained in another post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 01:01 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,151,465 times
BREAKING NEWS: Oxygen Bar will be shut down following shooting | North Shore Sun

Nice work Councilwoman Bonner and Senator LaValle.

Its a good thing to have the only seated Brookhaven Conservative and the Party chair living in town.

I love the spirit of Civic activism in this town.
48 hours later...done.

Bad press but good news!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crooks

Old 05-09-2011, 01:08 PM

1,917 posts, read 5,339,352 times
True, Big Barry's closed shortly after the cop was shot to death after hours too. RP reacts quickly to all the deaths in it's establishments. Kudos to RP.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:09 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,696,748 times
This is wonderful Crooks. I feel much safer...until another club opens there and gets another rap artist to show up. In fact, I feel so safe, I will walk down to Gracies, eat their bread pudding, have a drink in their bar and bring a beer over to to the amigos hanging out at the Bodega.

Ok, all kidding aside. I was in Gracies one Saturday afternoon having a drink with the locals..who were all good people...and they kept having to throw out, time after time, a gaggle of coke, crack and assorted other addicts that wanted to come into the bar.

It's not paradise on that street...and you know that.

Although Carusos and Gracies are good places.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
This is wonderful Crooks. I feel much safer...until another club opens there and gets another rap artist to show up. In fact, I feel so safe, I will walk down to Gracies, eat their bread pudding, have a drink in their bar and bring a beer over to to the amigos hanging out at the Bodega.

Ok, all kidding aside. I was in Gracies one Saturday afternoon having a drink with the locals..who were all good people...and they kept having to throw out, time after time, a gaggle of coke, crack and assorted other addicts that wanted to come into the bar.

It's not paradise on that street...and you know that.

Although Carusos and Gracies are good places.

What Bodega?

You havent been here in a while? What happened did the old lady cut you off
Bagels-N-A Hole Lot More opens in downtown Rocky Point | North Shore Sun

Cmon guys. You can be sour all you want from Pequa and Shirley.
Zilla LOL.

48hrs is pretty responsive and indicative of a Community that cares.

Still plenty of work to do, but downtown is coming along little by slowly.
Thanks for noticing Gps.

Crooks

Old 05-09-2011, 01:31 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,672,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by comsewoguefam View Post
For those poster who attended a private Christian school in the 3V -- weren't you taught about doing unto others? Judge not lest ye be judged?

Again not judging anyone or anything.....just commenting on my experiences when I lived there.
Oh and I was a teenager when my parents sent me to the christian school - we were not christian but they wanted the quality of academics the school provided. I found it overy religious and went back to public hs after two years there which I think I previously explained in another post.
In an earlier post you mentioned returning to public school (reason not divulged)as well as being the same age as the late Jessica Manners, raised in a nearby upper middle class area (Rocky Point?)to the private Christian school in the 3V.

You must have lived in Rocky Point as a teen when I lived there as an adult. I knew several neighbors with children in the RPSD who, in HS, did not have issues. Broadway was a bit tired looking, but managed to retain a variety of businesses. Friends and I occasionally hit the Bway clubs and never saw the prostitutes that you, who was what -- 14,15 gears old? allege having seen back then.

IMHO you decided to take a shot at RP seeing as PJS had recently been scrutinized.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:06 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,738,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Thanks for the encouragement Peqs.

Not sure if facts are ever relevant when it comes to bashing but half were from Shoreham and Mastic.

Peace

Crooks
Gotta run, but I refreshed the news page and now it says this:

UPDATE: Nephew of Oxygen owner says he believes controversial club will re-open

Thorn in RPs side..these ca$h-cows are tough to shut down.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...00002108008370

whered those arson neonazis go from last week??

Last edited by Pequaman; 05-09-2011 at 02:19 PM..

Old 05-09-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Gotta run, but I refreshed the news page and now it says this:

UPDATE: Nephew of Oxygen owner says he believes controversial club will re-open

Thorn in RPs side..these ca$h-cows are tough to shut down.

Facebook

whered those arson neonazis go from last week??
Aint gonna happen.....but thanks again for muckraking.

You really are desperate.

Crooks

Old 05-09-2011, 02:53 PM

6,150 posts, read 10,011,990 times
Can they legally shut down an establishment just for the isolated actions of its patrons immediately? or does it have to be a "we won't renew your license/etc"?

Old 05-09-2011, 03:03 PM

4,697 posts, read 8,745,446 times
according to Newsday, the club's "assembly permit" was already expired so it shouldn't have even been open prior to the incident. Seems like someone somewhere dropped the ball...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island