Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 11:57 AM

3 posts, read 21,750 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to add that the school district is far far greater then it used to be so please don't let it discourage you to send your kids there - or to buy a home in Riverhead township. Just do not deny our history. Overall we have made the biggest improvement from Bad to Fine. Also don't belive what zillow tells you when shopping for a home in "riverhead hamlet" ; ) Also the poverty level has to do with the average of the dense poverse areas that average out the middle class sub-divisions scattered on old farm land, and old middle class homes.
I just did not want to sound so negative about modern day Riverhead. it is the history that makes Riverhead land a spot on that list of worst towns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 03:45 PM

25 posts, read 42,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAILNY111 View Post

But I guess the person who created it listened to the whiners.
True, however, someone said Massapequa was one of them. I think due to the crime at the Sunrise Mall it brings down the whole town. East Massapequa is bad but Massapequa Park and Massapequa are fine if not great. Too bad for them though.

I was never robbed there but I was robbed Once in Patchogue, at Chuck E Cheese of all places, and once in Blue Point in my own driveway. Blue Point is an excellent town. Here I thought I was safe there.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:34 PM

530 posts, read 1,351,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanessaK View Post
True, however, someone said Massapequa was one of them. I think due to the crime at the Sunrise Mall it brings down the whole town. East Massapequa is bad but Massapequa Park and Massapequa are fine if not great. Too bad for them though.

I was never robbed there but I was robbed Once in Patchogue, at Chuck E Cheese of all places, and once in Blue Point in my own driveway. Blue Point is an excellent town. Here I thought I was safe there.
Westfield Sunrise Mall has been my primary shopping mall for over 10 years and i've never felt unsafe there or witnessed anything at all (and i'm a big shopper). I'm sure little petty crimes/thefts happen occasionally but most shopping centers and any large public gatherings would have that issue.

lol, one thing I do remember seeing on the news was a car driving through the mall about 5 years ago or so..

As for the Massapequa's, I think they're good towns. However, I hear some ppl hyping it up as if it's Dix Hills or something. It reminds me a lot of Lindenhurst and West Babylon. I like all the new condo's they put up next to the mall.

Last edited by PrestigiousReputability; 01-21-2014 at 09:34 PM..

Old 04-30-2014, 08:36 PM

46 posts, read 100,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGhost24 View Post
I just wanted to add that the school district is far far greater then it used to be so please don't let it discourage you to send your kids there - or to buy a home in Riverhead township. Just do not deny our history. Overall we have made the biggest improvement from Bad to Fine. Also don't belive what zillow tells you when shopping for a home in "riverhead hamlet" ; ) Also the poverty level has to do with the average of the dense poverse areas that average out the middle class sub-divisions scattered on old farm land, and old middle class homes.
I just did not want to sound so negative about modern day Riverhead. it is the history that makes Riverhead land a spot on that list of worst towns.

I agree its totally the history that creates the perception of modern day Riverhead. I grew up in what is perceived as a very good area and can recall many brawls, riots, knife fights and a murder if I look back 25 years. Glad you made it through the worst of times. Who was the Supt back then?

Old 05-01-2014, 10:24 AM

321 posts, read 592,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigiousReputability View Post
Westfield Sunrise Mall has been my primary shopping mall for over 10 years and i've never felt unsafe there or witnessed anything at all (and i'm a big shopper). I'm sure little petty crimes/thefts happen occasionally but most shopping centers and any large public gatherings would have that issue.

lol, one thing I do remember seeing on the news was a car driving through the mall about 5 years ago or so..

As for the Massapequa's, I think they're good towns. However, I hear some ppl hyping it up as if it's Dix Hills or something. It reminds me a lot of Lindenhurst and West Babylon. I like all the new condo's they put up next to the mall.
The mall is very safe. Most of the people that live in Massapequa don't go to the Westfield mall because it's not good enough for them. "I only go to Roosevelt Field."

The condo's next to the mall are over the border. They might have a Massapequa zip code but they're Amityville SD so no one is really going to consider that Massapequa.

Old 05-03-2014, 01:26 PM
s13

797 posts, read 1,273,630 times
So, we're all in agreement that Riverhead is far-and-away the worst town on LI?

Old 05-03-2014, 09:03 PM

258 posts, read 453,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 View Post
So, we're all in agreement that Riverhead is far-and-away the worst town on LI?
I don't think it's too bad, the only place I find seedy is the area around the LIRR station at night. Downtown is okay, the outlying areas of Riverhead (Northville, Jamesport, etc.) are safe just desolate, and the 58 corridor seems fine, even at night.

Old 05-04-2014, 02:57 AM

19,576 posts, read 20,395,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanessaK View Post

Wow.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:54 PM

43 posts, read 106,118 times
I keep on hearing Wyandanch is a bad town. I've heard that people have been robbed there in the middle of the day...

Old 07-18-2014, 07:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,797 times
I get the young, professional, and educated parts but you do not have white people in a neighborhood just for it to be safe. It's palpable that your post is biased.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island