Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 10:31 AM

1,712 posts, read 2,905,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanessaK View Post
True, however, someone said Massapequa was one of them. I think due to the crime at the Sunrise Mall it brings down the whole town. East Massapequa is bad but Massapequa Park and Massapequa are fine if not great. Too bad for them though.

I was never robbed there but I was robbed Once in Patchogue, at Chuck E Cheese of all places, and once in Blue Point in my own driveway. Blue Point is an excellent town. Here I thought I was safe there.
What's wrong with East Massapequa besides being in a bad school district?

I visited a co-worker who lives right off Carmans Rd (on Ford Rd) and it looked just like your average Nassau County neighborhood...windy roads, splanches and very little foot traffic. I mean, I can understand some ppl thinking parts of Amityville is bad but this area definitely doesn't deserve a bad rep. I'm not familiar w/the parts by the water though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 08:02 PM

2 posts, read 4,565 times
sound beach and rocky point are starting to get up there too, crime rates increasing in those places alot.

Old 02-04-2017, 08:04 PM

2 posts, read 4,565 times
the parts near the water are usualy the worst in every LI town. alot of small houses and poverty.

Old 02-05-2017, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by long island g View Post
the parts near the water are usualy the worst in every LI town. alot of small houses and poverty.
It depends on which town you're talking about. MOST South Shore towns near the water aka South of Montauk Hwy/Merrick Rd tend to be the most affluent and command the highest sale prices. However, SOME towns may have sections of small beach bungalow type homes and flooded Sandy homes that still haven't been renovated yet.

I know that the parts of the following towns that are south of Montauk Hwy/Merrick Road are by far the most flashiest part of their respective town with plenty of beautiful large homes and maybe even mansions: Merrick, Bellmore, the Massapequa's, Amityville, Copiague, Babylon, West Islip, Bay Shore, Islip, East Islip, Patchogue and Bellport.

However: In a few towns like Baldwin, Lindenhurst, Oceanside, Shirley and Mastic; the difference is not as pronounced.

Last edited by MemoryMaker; 02-05-2017 at 04:08 AM..

Old 02-05-2017, 06:37 AM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Oceanside.

Old 02-05-2017, 06:43 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times
Quote:
Doubtful when it comes to the North Shore...unless Oyster Bay and Head of the Harbor are heading downhill...

Old 02-05-2017, 08:07 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,236,856 times
Quote:
There are some small undersized former vacations houses near the water. But generally the opposite is true of what you said. Most communities that have both nice and not so nice areas - the nicer more expensive area is usually closer to the water.

Good examples are Freeport, East Massapequa, Amityville, Copiague, Bayshore and Bellport.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:20 AM

93,193 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryMaker View Post
It depends on which town you're talking about. MOST South Shore towns near the water aka South of Montauk Hwy/Merrick Rd tend to be the most affluent and command the highest sale prices. However, SOME towns may have sections of small beach bungalow type homes and flooded Sandy homes that still haven't been renovated yet.

I know that the parts of the following towns that are south of Montauk Hwy/Merrick Road are by far the most flashiest part of their respective town with plenty of beautiful large homes and maybe even mansions: Merrick, Bellmore, the Massapequa's, Amityville, Copiague, Babylon, West Islip, Bay Shore, Islip, East Islip, Patchogue and Bellport.

However: In a few towns like Baldwin, Lindenhurst, Oceanside, Shirley and Mastic; the difference is not as pronounced.
I thought that Baldwin Harbor was pretty solid or are you saying that it is similar to the rest of Baldwin? For what it is worth, here is some interesting and relatively recent information: Baldwin Harbor, NY - USA.comâ„¢

Baldwin Harbor, NY Income and Careers - USA.comâ„¢

Baldwin Harbor, NY Population and Races - USA.comâ„¢

By census tract: Census Tract 413804 in Nassau County, New York

Census Tract 413803 in Nassau County, New York

Old 02-05-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I thought that Baldwin Harbor was pretty solid or are you saying that it is similar to the rest of Baldwin? For what it is worth, here is some interesting and relatively recent information: Baldwin Harbor, NY - USA.comâ„¢

Baldwin Harbor, NY Income and Careers - USA.comâ„¢

Baldwin Harbor, NY Population and Races - USA.comâ„¢

By census tract: Census Tract 413804 in Nassau County, New York

Census Tract 413803 in Nassau County, New York
Baldwin Harbor is a nice area but I personally don't find it to be the absolute nicest part of Baldwin. I think the part of Baldwin bordering on RVC is a bit nicer than Baldwin Harbor.

Old 02-05-2017, 11:58 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,536,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryMaker View Post
Baldwin Harbor is a nice area but I personally don't find it to be the absolute nicest part of Baldwin. I think the part of Baldwin bordering on RVC is a bit nicer than Baldwin Harbor.
Is that Lofts Estates you are thinking of? I've passed through it a couple times and it's beautiful! And I agree nicer than BH, but I don't like any areas like that, so I'm biased.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island