Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 06:57 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,243,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I would much rather be represented by someone with class wearing a New york shirt than a piece of trash; and yes the world does hate us. Alot of it is due to the fact that we are the world policeman but obviously when you see someone acting the way they do,they are just going to pinpoint it to NY rather than just the US.
Yes, of course there is being the world policeman thing. OK. I think wearing the shirt is rather insignificant relative to everything else.

Does Russell Crowe make Australia look bad when he throws a phone at some hotel worker in NYC or does he just make himself look bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 07:00 PM

61 posts, read 228,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
Yes, of course there is being the world policeman thing. OK. I think wearing the shirt is rather insignificant relative to everything else.

Does Russell Crowe make Australia look bad when he throws a phone at some hotel worker in NYC or does he just make himself look bad?
Anyone, from any country, who finds anything Snooki Polizzi does to be significant in any way, shape, or form, is not worth stressing over.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGuy2011 View Post
Anyone, from any country, who finds anything Snooki Polizzi does to be significant in any way, shape, or form, is not worth stressing over.
I think you just said what I was trying to say...but much better!

Old 05-31-2011, 07:05 PM

61 posts, read 228,095 times
Quote:
I think you just said what I was trying to say...but much better!

Old 05-31-2011, 09:49 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,699,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
It is the norm in Brooklyn - head over to the Santa Rosalia fair this summer, tell me what you see? Head over to Bay Ridge, Dyker Heights, some parts of Bath Beach and Bensonhurst - what do you see? The same knuckleheads who are on television being emulated in real life. Yo! The sad part is their parents do nothing to influence otherwise - they're just being kids.

I've witnessed this up in VT as well. THe kids watch this mental pablum and then engage in that behavior.

To wit: We stepped out of a movie theatre into the night air. A teenage boy was chatting on a cell phone and said, "I'll be hanging on the farm, chillin with my peeps. Aiiight?"

I was crying laughing. Drop Homie into the the real hood and this kid would be crapping his pants.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:10 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,137,278 times
Quote:

There's a difference between a bad action here and there and being a walking disaster area. Crowe might occasionally do bad things but he's definitely not a piece of crap like the jersey shore punks.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:42 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,004,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood16 View Post
The Moors ....heard of em professor?
Since you need a World History tutorial here goes - The Moors were a race of people who invaded a geographic land mass composed of Sicily and the southern mainland of Italy. Sicily as many know is an island that has always been part of the country Italy, it has borne the mark of numerous invasions over the course of time, as occurred in other countries in the European continent.

This concludes World History 101.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:46 AM

Quote:
There's a difference between a bad action here and there and being a walking disaster area. Crowe might occasionally do bad things but he's definitely not a piece of crap like the jersey shore punks.
He physically assaulted an innocent person. Snooki is a drunk, attention seeker, probably a ****. One is a piece of crap and one isn't? OK.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:51 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,137,278 times
Quote:
He physically assaulted an innocent person. Snooki is a drunk, attention seeker, probably a ****. One is a piece of crap and one isn't? OK.
As a whole who would you rather be associated with as a country? I'm sure just about everyone would say Crowe.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:03 AM

Quote:
As a whole who would you rather be associated with as a country? I'm sure just about everyone would say Crowe.
True. But, like I said, I don't really think it is a big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island