Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 06:27 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,507,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I'm pretty sure you do not need to get a new ticket if you already have a monthly. Has been a couple years since I worked in the city and had a monthly, but have gone to games there (even though I'm a Yankee fan) and the monthly was always fine.
I looked it up and you're right... that's crazy - so what's the point of punching tickets on the platform? It seems like CityTicket is the only thing not valid for Mets-Willets Point, can there really be that many people even using that? Or does it have something to do with the number of punches on the ticket and people potentially getting half a free ride or something? I don't really know what those punches mean.

Can one of the mods delete my previous post in this thread? I don't wanna confuse people, SORRY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 09:32 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
I looked it up and you're right... that's crazy - so what's the point of punching tickets on the platform? It seems like CityTicket is the only thing not valid for Mets-Willets Point, can there really be that many people even using that? Or does it have something to do with the number of punches on the ticket and people potentially getting half a free ride or something? I don't really know what those punches mean.

Can one of the mods delete my previous post in this thread? I don't wanna confuse people, SORRY!
My guess is perhaps because the train can get so crowded that it might be impossible to go down the aisles and check for the tickets on the train itself.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:44 PM

1,144 posts, read 2,668,852 times
Quote:
My guess is perhaps because the train can get so crowded that it might be impossible to go down the aisles and check for the tickets on the train itself.
That's it!

Old 07-06-2011, 01:17 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckthedog View Post
That's it!
Speaking off too crowded to check tickets. I had a job interview in Manhattan on St Pats of all days. I was kicking myself for buying a round trip ticket because the train (9:51 out of Massapequa IIRC) was so insanely packed they didn't check the ticket, so could have gotten a free ride if I bought just a one way ticket, since it was put to waste since I didn't go back to the city for a few weeks after that.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:47 AM

1,144 posts, read 2,668,852 times
Quote:
Speaking off too crowded to check tickets. I had a job interview in Manhattan on St Pats of all days. I was kicking myself for buying a round trip ticket because the train (9:51 out of Massapequa IIRC) was so insanely packed they didn't check the ticket, so could have gotten a free ride if I bought just a one way ticket, since it was put to waste since I didn't go back to the city for a few weeks after that.
Some days chicken, some days feathers.

Hard to predict something like that.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:33 AM

236 posts, read 271,585 times
Is it safe to take the 7 train to Citifield from Times Square? Or should I worry about my safety?

Old 04-23-2015, 09:35 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raveneye217 View Post
Is it safe to take the 7 train to Citifield from Times Square? Or should I worry about my safety?
Depending on time, if it's during the rush hours there are lots of perverts mainly hispanic ones on the 7 train. They love getting close and rubbing against women.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:49 PM

4,538 posts, read 6,445,137 times
Quicker and cheaper to drive to Port Washington park the car and take train from there. Couple of good bars and restaurants and gives you time to drink a few tall boys on ride in.

By the time after game you take the train to woodside, switch trains and head back you could already be in your car on the LIE if you went to Port Wash.

I usually park on street Douglaston train for a weekend game. You get super cheap city price on LIRR same price as subway on weekends. And there is a cool sports bar at train station that Darrol Strawberry owns part of.

I could do the back to woodside thing but I always miss connecting train.

Old 04-25-2015, 04:57 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,405,066 times
How about those YANKEES! The real Mets showed up last night!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island